• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anointing With Oil

Guest Guest
I respect your view point, but I think you are reading into what I said things I never said, neither does the Scripture say, they became expert doctors.

I was joking, that is what the smileys are for. :cool

I see nothing wrong with taking it as instruction from the apostle to appy the medicine and pray in faith.

Ok, your entitled to an opinion, I am not going to make any big issue out of this, but I really don't see how one can take it to be "medicine" when both the passages dealing with it are in the context of supernatural power. Nothing wrong with medicine, but the anointing oil isn't and wasn't medicine.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A preacher from a brethren church did it for my mom when she had cancer. It was not a good thing because she started to feel she didn't have enough faith when her cancer got worst. She kept telling herself, ''I must trust God he will heal me" I had to tell her to trust God no matter happen.

Guest Guest

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

The OP stated that this means to confess sins to each other for healing, and someone consequently agreed with that. However, nowhere in Scripture does it ever command us to confess sins to anyone but God through Jesus Christ. That teaching is very close to Confession as taught by the Roman Catholic Whore. Faults are not sins, though faults may be a result of sin. I think this is the principle spoken of in Matthew 18:15