• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Question about salvations stats

• Members

Hey all

I found some statistics a while ago (I think it was in the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of Baptist Bread), but I cant find them now.

The stats had information about what age people are saved. For instance I think it said 60% of people saved were saved between age 6 and age 12. and so on.

I was looking for it to use in message I will be preaching at the end of our Light Brigade Childrens Program.

Just wondering if anyone had any info like that. :coffee

• Members

I found 2 things. I can't vouch for the barna group. I have heard both good and bad things regarding the way they cull information?!

Nevertheless......

# More than half of all adults (53%) believe that if a person is generally good, or does enough good things for others during their life, they will earn a place in Heaven. (2007)
# 53% of all adults believe they have a personal responsibility to tell other people their religious beliefs. (2007)
# Republicans (46%) are more likely than are democrats (34%) to feel a strong personal responsibility to share their religious beliefs with others. (2007)
# 49% of blacks feel strongly that they have a personal responsibility to share their religious beliefs with others, compared to 34% of whites, 32% of Hispanics and 26% of Asians. (2007)
# When it comes to feeling a personal responsibility to share ones religious beliefs with others, regional differences emerge. In total, 45% of those in the South feel strongly that it is their personal responsibility to share their faith with others, compared to 40% of Midwesterners, 27% of those in the West, and 21% of those in the Northeast. (2007)

source:http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=Topic&TopicID=4

Also a little closer ,I hope to, what you were looking for? Found this among many other stats on a page.
Hope this helps?

Stats.jpg

Source:http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_savy.htm

• 6 months later...