• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Foot swollen after hitting dumbell

• Members

About an hour ago I it my foot against a dumbell I had on the floor. the pain was very intense for about 20 min, I had ice on it for an hour. my baby toe is 3 times the size it should be and the side of my foot from the toe next to it to half way down my foot is about twice as big. I can not put weight on it and its sort of a dull throbbing ache but also feels numb, I can not really move the toe maybe because its so huge. feels like a lump on the side of my foot. Hopefully its just bruised and I am fine tomorrow, the only problem is I am so used to pain I hope its not worse then I think it is. In the past when I thought I would be fine I ended up in the hospital for a week or two. I used to break my ribs 3 or 4 times a year because of osteoporosis but the fosimax has helped. But I got used to that pain it was not as bad as the first few times it happened. I do not think my doctor is in downtown tomorrow which is 2 buses away and about 45 min. If I have to go to waterloo then its going to take 1.5 hours and 3 buses. If I go to emergency then it can be an 8 hour or so wait I think? Anyway I need prayers that I did not brake it. I would only need to see a doc if its broken right? otherwise it will just heal on its own? Just when I wanted to stay in the house and do nothing tomorrow, I hope this will not interfere with my daily walks with my dog :(

• Members

I have broken 3 toes over the years, and there is nothing that the doctors can do about it. I was just told to stay off the foot and let it heal on its own. I understand how painful it is to break a toe.

I am praying that your swelling will go down. Just keep the food elevated and keep ice on it for now. Let us know how you are doing!

• Members

Praying for you :pray

Many years ago I had a bed collapse on my foot and it tore the toenail off one toe and really smashed that toe and one other. There really wasn't anything to do other than wait for it to heal on it's own. At the time I was working as a dishwasher in a restaurant (yes, this was a good many years ago) and I recall how hard it was staying on my feet all those hours with my toes in that condition.

• Members

its 8pm I am finally back, had gone at one. its too bad once you have a family doctor you are not allowed to go to the walk in clinic but have to go to emergency at the hospital if you can not see your doctor. it would have been faster. I had to wait an hour and a half to get my toe taped and crutches. So I have a broken baby toe and on the side of the foot just below the toe I have a hairline fracture on the side of the foot. the numbness is disappearing and the pain is coming back. I think the swelling is going down and it was causing the numbness.