• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

E Bay or Craigslist?

E Bay or Craigslist  

1 member has voted

1. 1. E Bay or Craigslist

• E Bay
    • Craigslist
    • Other (please specify)

• Members

Craigslist did well for me.

I found a perfectly good S/P lawn mower for $85. It's a Toro, and starts right up every time. It even has a catcher-bagger on it. :Green

What I really like about it (i.e. Craigslist) is that it is local and I can go see the stuff before committing.

• Members
I'm so upset' date=' I had a bad experience with a seller, so stupidly left an honest neutral feedback. Of course she was happy to ruin my perfect feedback with a retalitory neg. *sigh* It sure wasn't worth the little trinket I bought, that's for sure, nor the month I waited to get it.[/quote']

Ugh - we almost had a bad experience with an Ebay person once. I don't remember now what had happened, but we were concerned the guy was going to give us a negative even though the problem was his fault. We got it all ironed out though. We learned from that experience that we aren't necessarily concerned with how many negatives a person has (within reason) but how they handle the negatives/neutrals they get.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I did not vote, there was no option for me to select. I do not use either one of them, I do not buy nor sell on the net. I'm like Bro. Matt, I like to do it the old timey way.

What's wrong with the old timey way, its worked great for years, besides that you get to see what you buy, look it over, and know for sure what your getting, and if you buy it, you can take it home with you right them.

• Members

1. Because sometimes I want to buy something I don't know where to find locally

2. Because sometimes I want to buy something for a cheaper price that is not available locally

3. Because it costs zero gas to window shop for three hours online whereas it would take a whole tank to do the same thing locally.

:cool

• Members

Please forgive me for :hijack: a moment. I've got a question for you who do this.

This is a picture of my mothers ABC book which is made out of cloth. I was wondering what it would be worth. NO, I don't want to sell it, but can't help but wonder.

This is the front cover.

abc1yv6.th.jpg

This is the 1st & 2nd page.

abc2ze6.th.jpg

• Members
1. Because sometimes I want to buy something I don't know where to find locally

2. Because sometimes I want to buy something for a cheaper price that is not available locally

3. Because it costs zero gas to window shop for three hours online whereas it would take a whole tank to do the same thing locally.

:cool

Yes, but I don't window shop. If I want something I just go buy it, after checking prices in newspapers and sale papers.

• Members

Yes, but I don't window shop. If I want something I just go buy it, after checking prices in newspapers and sale papers.

I search Amazon and Epinions to make sure its what I want...I check reviews, and find the lowest price.

• Members

I did sell something on craiglist once. It took about three weeks for someone bought it.

I will try ebay to sell my car soon as I get the title.

Craiglist is not an auction while ebay is an auction. When auction comes is harder for someone who can't afford it. So, Craiglist has some good and bad deals.

However both are good.

Evan57