• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Muslims and catholics worship same God

• Members

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."330 Vatican 2 catechism

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Some of the Baptist here in this United States also encourages those who teach work based salvation to come an join them in worship, they open their pulpits to their pastors, so it seems they accept their teachings.

The modern day Methodist advertise on TV, whatever you believe, come join us in worship, we will not make you feel uncomfortable but will welcome you.

Who knows how far they will take it for that has yet to be seen.

• Members

I know what you mean Jerry. It's a real shame that some Baptist churches allow guest pastors from very doctrinally different, even those who differ on the doctrine of salvation :eek to speak in their churches.

The Methodist church in this town has had problem after problem. One pastor was forced out after he started dating a woman he was supposed to be counseling about her marriage. She divorced her husband, and then the pastor and her became more open about their "relationship" and that's when all this came out. He refused to end the relationship so was kicked out and he and that woman moved away and married.

Next came a woman "pastor" who served for many years. During that time their were several fights and break-ups within the church. We still have two other churches in town that were born out of some of those fights. Both of the new churches that formed out of the old Methodist members are Charismatic.

Methodists today, for the most part, are so watered down they are only a church in appearance only.

I read somewhere that all their attempts in advertising to make themselves seem new, open and non-judgemental and willing to accept anyone and anything has not helped their sagging memberships any.

• Members

One sad thing about Methodist, many of them do not know the true teachings of the Methodist. They take on quite a few of the teachings of the RCC.

Back in the late 90's I preached several weeks at a Community Church which was originally a country Methodist Church, the elderly people there who had been a Methodist all their lives, they were in their late 60's and 70's, did not know the true teachings of the Methodist.

The reason I know they didn't was I questioned them. I asked then several questions about what Methodist taught, they said, "No Methodist Church teaches anything like that." I carried them some material on teachings of the Methodist Church, they were shocked. Actually what these people believed was what the conservative Baptist teach, not what the true Methodist teach.

Oh, there was not a single one of the who were sprinkled, all had been baptized, they said that was the only proper way.

Long time back I would listen to a Methodist pastor each week out of Texarkana just to get a feel on what was being preached on. Seems this preacher never did come out with anything that would make anyone uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Sounds like Joel Osteen.

I had to show my wife about Osteen...fortunately it didn't take too much of my convincing for her to realize what he really is. At first she wasn't quite sure about all I said about him, however she really got it after we started attending our IFB church.