• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are you an organ donor?

Are you an organ donor?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an organ donor?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am an organ donor. I have made it known in my will that if any of my organs are harvested the persons receiving them must hear the gospel of Christ upon getting them. If the need for them is so great that they can't hear the gospel before reception then they are to hear it as soon as they have recovered. Now I am not naive enough to believe that this will happen in every case but God will know. Besides, what better way to try to insure that all of you goes when Christ takes up His Church? :tum

• Moderators

I'm not really against organ donation, but I haven't yet gotten around to actually signing up to be a donor. I'm a little leery of getting harvested before I'm actually dead...

Okay, here's my weird theory for the day. The Bible talks about the heart being very much the centre of a person's being, right? Now, I know that 'the heart' in that case is not supposed to be the physical heart, but what if our soul is somehow tied up with our physical heart (during this time on earth). Couldn't that create some sort of problem in the case of a heart transplant? As in, could one 'inherit' sinful tendencies that one does not usually struggle with, or something like that? (I know it's weird, but it's no further off than eyes popping out during the rapture! :lol: )

• Members
I'm not really against organ donation, but I haven't yet gotten around to actually signing up to be a donor. I'm a little leery of getting harvested before I'm actually dead...

Okay, here's my weird theory for the day. The Bible talks about the heart being very much the centre of a person's being, right? Now, I know that 'the heart' in that case is not supposed to be the physical heart, but what if our soul is somehow tied up with our physical heart (during this time on earth). Couldn't that create some sort of problem in the case of a heart transplant? As in, could one 'inherit' sinful tendencies that one does not usually struggle with, or something like that? (I know it's weird, but it's no further off than eyes popping out during the rapture! :lol: )

Mike Schrock believes it's the brain....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes I am. I see nothing wrong with it. Our physical body is not trully who we are anyway. Our spirit is what matters and that will be with the Lord. I hope that if a vital organ is used it can keep an unsaved individual alive in time for them to accept Christ and have time to live for Him. That is my reason.

• Members

The Bible actually uses the word "bowels" to describe the center of a person's being as well...probably as much as "heart" is used. Since there's no real "physical" word to describe that aspect of a person, people used words like bowels and heart--the "innermost" physical organs that seemed to resonate most with a person's emotions and deepest feelings. These words were used figuratively, not literally, to describe the undescribable.

I don't think that a physical heart donation could ever cause someone to express certain sinful tendencies that he hadn't struggled with before.

• Members

Right, that is the big problem with organ donors, doctors rush to harvest organs on a person and murders them for their organs. Its done many times, but they have the safety net of people signing a piece of paper that they're an organ donor, that allows them to get away with murder right under a families nose. With the family thinking they have done a good deed but actually they have helped the doctor murder thier loved one.

And anyone who does not believe it happens many times, I've got a bridge in NY I would love to sell to you at a super duper low reduced price this morning.

I also know of 2 people who would have been murdered for their organs if the family had allowed it to happen.

When it comes to this, many doctors have a warped mind when they look at your records and notice your an organ donor. They feel that when they get to give an organ out to save a life that they have done their good deed of the day. Their want to do this good deeps prejudices their mind and they quickly announce your brain dead even though you are not to gain glory for self.

Having signed off as an organ donor makes you a prime target for one of the many doctors out there who has a warped mind.