• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Members

On Saturday we had our first marching band competition. We have been Grand Champions every year since they started having it. This year a bunch of people decided they didn't want to work at all. They goofed off and wouldn't focus. :verymad:

So we go to the competition, and all the new people who were being unfocused got SCARED. there were so many bands that looked just as good as we were. Then it was our turn, and there were many mistakes that had been fixed multiple times. :thumbdown

So after we went (we were last) we lined up in a block to be ranked. the announced us a third place. out of 211 band members we have 25-30 seniors. I know of two who weren't sobbing, me and one other girl. It was rough. :badday:

To make matters worse, when we are announced, we go to attention because it's classier. When the first place band was announced, they started screaming "Derby *Stinks*". They were mad at us because our football team totally decimated theirs the night before, and then they beat us.

Anyway, we got back to our high school, and got a lovely speech. They talked about how that really didn't feel good, and could we guess why it didn't. Then they wrote the scores on the board. it turns out that for some reason 77 of our points hadn't been counted. our director looked and the box was empty. so they went to get it fixed, and we actually had won by 5 points. out of 900.

So i am exhausted because i was gone for 12 hours, extremely mad at people who won't focus AND at at the people who didn't notice. and yes i know that it's not all that rational. And i am extremely happy because we actually did get first.

:zzzz :mad: :yeah:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow Ashlee! That's one awesome and riviting story!!

It's amazing how things go and the roller coaster our emotions can ride at times.

Your story would actually make for a great movie. This reminded me somewhat of "Facing the Giants", except your story is real! :thumb

Praise God he pointed out weaknesses that need to be worked on and for those who paid attention, lessons that can be applied to other aspects of life. And praise God that those with the poor attitude had their high positions stripped from them and you received the first place.

In all things, God is good! :clap:

• Members

It is really like facing the giants because we actually did pray before the competition. it was kinda weird and short because the girl leading it is agnostic :puzzled: but we prayed. it was just clarinets though, at least that i know of.