• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You are right Jerry! I used to think how cool it would be to live over a hundred but after seeing what my family and their friends have gone through in old age I no longer think like that.

I was thinking on this subject sometime back, would it be best for me to die 1st, or my wife. I came to the conclusion I hope I would die 1st, for I felt Linda would get along better without me than I would without her.

Them I thought, if she loves me as much as I loved her how tough it would be on her. So I thought on it for a while longer, but I finally came to my conclusion.

I will not worry about it, I handed it over to God and will let Him take care of it, besides, He know better than I what is best both Linda and I.

41 years come March 18.

• Members
Just enjoy doing the Lord's will everyday the best you can. That's all I know anymore!---Pixiedust

The reward of heaven will make it all worthwhile,

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:4 (KJV)

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 22:3-5 (KJV)

I desperately needed that reminder! Thank you for putting my focus on the fact that this is the worst things can ever be is down on this earth! in Christ--Pixiedust :goodpost:

• Members

I was thinking on this subject sometime back, would it be best for me to die 1st, or my wife. I came to the conclusion I hope I would die 1st, for I felt Linda would get along better without me than I would without her.

Them I thought, if she loves me as much as I loved her how tough it would be on her. So I thought on it for a while longer, but I finally came to my conclusion.

I will not worry about it, I handed it over to God and will let Him take care of it, besides, He know better than I what is best both Linda and I.

41 years come March 18.

I've had the very same thoughts. Like you I finally turned it over to the Lord knowing that He knows the beginning from the end and therefore knows EXACTLY what is best. It's such a blessing to serve our God who truly cares about us.

• Members

Right, we can worry our self sick about everything under the sun, but it want help the least bit, no matter how hard or how long we worry about any particular problem or trouble, so I give them to Him to take care of, and I have faith that He will.

What ever we may have and or go thru, if we are God's children, we can trust Him in any and every situation.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28 (KJV)

And I've seen people on their death beds who have had full confidence in God and their Savior, if you want something to help you build faith, just be present at a few bedsides of God's children when they pass from this world.

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

2 Tim 1:12 (KJV)