• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Obama hates the U.S?

• Members

Our president's embarrassment of America
by David Limbaugh
Posted: April 07, 2009
1:00 am Eastern

Alfred Hitchcock dedicated his 1940 film "Foreign Correspondent" to "those intrepid ones who went across the sea to be the eyes and ears of America ? who early saw the clouds of war while many of us at home were seeing rainbows."

Kind of brings into focus the old saw that history repeats itself. Only this time, it's our commander in chief who is seeing rainbows ? everywhere except, apparently, in America.

It's bad enough when the George Soros brigades continually disparage America, but it's almost unbearable for the president to do it ? and even worse when he's on foreign soil.

At a town hall meeting with French and German citizens in Strasbourg, France, President Barack Obama proved he hadn't just been posturing on the campaign trail when he castigated then-President George W. Bush for his "unilateralist" foreign policies. It's now clear that Obama wanted not only the American electorate to understand his disdain for his predecessor and the country he led but also the rest of the world to know it.

Obama's goal? Replace the Judeo-Christian values that gave birth to the "land of the free" with failed radical leftist beliefs ? get Brad O'Leary's "The Audacity of Deceit"

He told his European audience: "It's always harder to forge true partnerships and sturdy alliances than to act alone. ? In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of ? seeking to partner with you ? there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive."

It bears repeating that contrary to this tired line of liberal propaganda, President Bush diligently tried to "forge true partnerships and sturdy alliances," especially in building his case to attack Iraq to depose dictator Saddam Hussein. He did not dismissively disregard our allies (though many dismissively disregarded us); he painstakingly pleaded with them to join us in removing this brutal menace.

You're darn right it's hard to forge true partnerships and sturdy alliances, particularly with nations that have corrupt financial relationships with the dictator they should be helping you topple.

But Obama is obviously blind to such complicating realities, his vision being obstructed by his disbelief in America's righteousness and his reflexive inclination to side with our foreign critics.

Obama's attitude was abundantly obvious to conservatives during the campaign, except for the self-styled sophisticates who thought Obama was just trash talking America to placate his MoveOn.org leftist base. He didn't really endorse the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's opinion that America should be damned. His association with unrepentant terrorist William Ayers was only casual and reflected no common ideology. His wife's candid remark that Barack's electoral success to date had made her proud of America for the first time in her adult life was misunderstood and certainly not representative of her husband's sentiments.

Those of us who are more likely to believe that words and actions mean things thought Obama's rhetoric and relationships were significant and indicative that he truly embraced the leftist attitude that America has been too big for its britches, condescending to Europe, disrespectful to the Muslim world and jingoistic rather than diplomatic toward jihadists, such as the Taliban, to whom we must extend an olive branch.

Why else would he have been so determined to make transformational changes to this nation and proceed to do just that?

Why else did he grovel to the Muslim world upon taking office (as if we owed them an apology for our aid packages to Somalia, Egypt, Jordan and the Palestinians and our liberating missions in Kosovo, Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq); apologize abroad for our war in Iraq, which he believes was unprovoked and a distraction from the war on terror (you could have fooled the terrorists in Iraq fighting us all this time); reveal his distaste for American exceptionalism; decide to close Gitmo; support the right of foreign-based terrorists to sue in U.S. courts; rename the war on terror and relegate it to a law enforcement matter; consider publicly releasing 2005 classified internal Justice Department interrogation memos that graphically describe our enhanced interrogation techniques, which would allow the enemy to see and study them; demean his office by bowing before foreign royalty; and demonize the U.S. for its nuclear arsenal and plan to resurrect the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, which countless defense and foreign policy experts and past officials oppose as detrimental to our national security because it would permanently prevent us from field-testing our weapons and impede our ability to maintain and modernize our nuclear arms, while encouraging despots and terrorists to develop and augment their nuclear arsenals?

For all his sermonizing about bringing the world together, Obama hasn't even delivered on his promise to unify us here at home. With due apologies to "The Wizard of Oz," pay no attention to that latest Pew Research Center poll behind the curtain, which shows that "for all of his hopes about bipartisanship, Barack Obama has the most polarized early job approval ratings of any president in the past four decades."

• Members

The left, and especially the far left (of which Obama and Company belong) hold to the belief that America was founded as a wicked nation and has been a wicked nation. In their views, the only thing that's made America worth keeping around is the inroads liberals have made over the past course of the 20th century and into the 21st century. They truly do hold a view of America as needing to repent, of Americans (well, white Americans anyway) needing to inflict upon themselves self-punishment to atone for their past wickedness...they can do this by giving most of their hard earned paychecks to the government for redistribution, give of their 'leftover' money to liberal black and Mexican organizations and donate their time and talent to whatever any liberal wants. Oh, and sacrifice any stable future they might have hoped for by giving up their claim to freedom and Constitutional rights so the rest of the world can run things and take whatever they want.

Previously, President Bush made it a point to emphasize that America is NOT a Christian nation. Now Obama is standing in a Muslim nation proclaiming yet again that America is NOT a Christian nation and that America is not now and never will be at war with Islam.

Wickedness does not indeed run rampant in America, but it's not because of America's roots in Christianity and being founded by white men originating from Europe; but rather because the liberals have been successful over the decades in forcing America off her foundation and onto the sinking sand of humanism.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes! That is all the more reason to pray for their souls. They don't know any better. It is up to the Christians in this nation... to give them the truth. I do it, whether or not, they want it. They need it! After all, someone (s) prayed for my ungodly soul... prior to my salvation. We know that we are all sinners when we come into this world. They (The Obama's and their people) just need strong witnesses to tell them the Word of God. There are 2 people in this world. The lost and the saved. Giving them the Gospel... and, letting them know the difference between "lost sinners" and "saved sinners"... is the only thing that will bring conviction upon their souls.

As we pray for their salvation? We should pray for sanctification, blessings, conviction of their sins, illumination--- that they understand the truth in their heart, soul, and mind. And, lastly... that God Almighty does whatever it takes to save their souls! We know it is His Will not ours. We were there at one time, too. The Lord continues to "convict" us to keep us in the "Center of His Will for our lives."

The Apostles were sent out into the world to preach... in the Gospel of Luke--- as we are aware. We just don't have the power from the Lord to heal; however, we can pray and be a godly witness to the lost. Especially, those in government positions. They are surrounded by the corruptness of politics. We need to continue taking the Gospel to the uttermost parts of the earth. That includes... Washington, DC. The most vile creature in the world, can become a son/daughter of the Living God. Unfortunately, we categorize sin... whereas God does not. Amen? All sin is an abomination in the eyes of Jesus Christ.

Luke 13:27-28... 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you are not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity (sin). 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. King James Bible

• Members

We should certainly pray for their salvation but the fact is that most, if not all, of those in government who are lost have heard and rejected the Gospel. Obama himself has made statements which seem to indicate he's specifically rejected the "narrow" view of some Christians (Christ being the only Way).

So yes, pray for their salvation, but I do believe we also should pray the Lord would block their wicked endeavors.

• Members
We should certainly pray for their salvation but the fact is that most, if not all, of those in government who are lost have heard and rejected the Gospel. Obama himself has made statements which seem to indicate he's specifically rejected the "narrow" view of some Christians (Christ being the only Way).

So yes, pray for their salvation, but I do believe we also should pray the Lord would block their wicked endeavors.

Have they heard or did they listen?

Seriously, it's like what the wife tells me.....did you search or did you look? Did you hear me or did you just listen to me?

Not that all aren't accountable for when the Gospel is presented.....its just that some are better at having their audience hear, rather than just listen.................

• Members

Scripture says Christians are to present the Gospel and then it's up to the individuals as to whether they pay heed to the prompting of the Holy Ghost or not.

So, so long as they have heard the Gospel that means the Holy Ghost has attempted to reach them with it. Whether they hardened their hearts or allowed themselves to be blinded to the Gospel, that's on them.

Obama, for one, has spoken enough words on this that I do believe he knows what the Gospel is but has chosen to reject the Gospel in favor of his liberal religious preferences which allow him to claim to be a Christian while believing Christ isn't the only Way to God and that Islam and other religions are the equal of Christianity and all lead to God.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to pray for them or that those who have the opportunity shouldn't witness to them, but it does mean they are currently in a state of rebellion against the Gospel they have heard previously.

Our last two presidents have both claimed to be Christians yet both publically denied Jesus as being the One and only Way to God; thereby denying Christ, and we know what Scripture says about that.

• Members

Have they heard or did they listen?

Seriously, it's like what the wife tells me.....did you search or did you look? Did you hear me or did you just listen to me?

Not that all aren't accountable for when the Gospel is presented.....its just that some are better at having their audience hear, rather than just listen.................

Great analogy, trc. I agree! I don't know if anyone has read the book Praying Effectively for the Lost? It is a small book written By Lee E. Thomas. A Biblical scripture from the front of the book. "...the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not..." 2 Corithians 4:4.

Anyhoo... Chapter 1 begins with "Understanding the Necessity." Below is a wonderful example from one of the world's finest peachers:

One of the greatest preachers of all time was Charles H. Spurgeon. Listen as he shares the testimony of his conversion: "I confess that I had been tutored in piety, put into my cradle by prayful hands, and lulled to sleep by songs about Jesus. I had heard the Gospel continually. Yet, when the Word of the Lord came to me with power, it was as new as if I had lived among the unvisited tribes of Central Africa and had never heard the tidings of the cleansing foundation filled with blood, drawn from the Savior's veins.

When for the first time I received the Gospel and my soul was saved, I thought that I had never really heard it before. I began to think that the preachers to whom I had listened had not truly preached it. But, on looking back, I am inclined to believe that I heard the Gospel fully preached many hundreds of times before. This was the difference: I then heard it as though I did not hear it. When I did hear it, the message may not have been any clearer in itself then it had been at former times, but the power of the Holy Spirit was present to open my ears and to guide the message to my heart.

Then I thought I had heard the truth preached before. Now I am persuaded that the light shone often on my eyes, but I was blind; therefore, I thought that the light had never come there. The light was shining all the while, but there was no power to receive it. The eyeball of the soul was not sensitive to the divine beams." (Spurgeon 26-28)

Continued by the author:

Spurgeon's testimony is a powerful illustration of how innefective the gospel is to a mind that is blinded to it. Sharing the gospel with those for whom no one has prayed is like encouraging a blind man to view a beautiful sunset with you. It is a hopeless case, for he is blind. He cannot see!

So, does Obama hate the U.S.? I can't really comment as of yet. I don't know what the man thinks. He is a mystery to me. We know he doesn't stand for the Biblical truths that this nation was founded upon. How could he? He has been a vagabond for most of his life. He is a worldly person... and, the closest he got to a church was the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's church? Hmmm. President Obama, his wife Michelle ( and their regime) really need heavy... and I mean--- heavy prayer from all Christians. Many of the Liberals that have voted him in are NOT happy with the man; however, for much different reasons. I know what I need to do. Pray, pray, and pray... Hopefully in time, our "Fearless Leader :Green " will become the president that we all want him to be.

In Christ Jesus,

Molly

• Members

As long as they live there is hope for the lost but the sad fact is that most, if not all, of our politicians have heard the Gospel and rejected it. Absolutely we should continue to pray for their salvation but at the same time we should also pray the Lord would hinder their wicked designs.

• Members

Most of history's dictators actually loved their own country on the most part but I really believe Obama hates America. There is no way you can sit through Rev. Wright's preaching for 20's unless you hate America. The only other explanation is the he really is a Kenyan and considers himself one and not an American.

• Administrators

Obama gets a gift and a hug from Hugo Chavez, one of the most virulent anti-American leaders of the day...He bows to the Saudi king and then denies it...

His allegiances definitely are not America first! I know that he isn't a Christian (no matter what words he uses to describe himself - he has clearly said that he doesn't accept Christ as the Way), and I don't believe that he loves America...at least not America as we view her. He has a view of America that will make us like many of the third world countries - with him and others like him as our rulers.

• Members
Obama gets a gift and a hug from Hugo Chavez, one of the most virulent anti-American leaders of the day...He bows to the Saudi king and then denies it...

His allegiances definitely are not America first! I know that he isn't a Christian (no matter what words he uses to describe himself - he has clearly said that he doesn't accept Christ as the Way), and I don't believe that he loves America...at least not America as we view her. He has a view of America that will make us like many of the third world countries - with him and others like him as our rulers.

Hey, HC. I missed you. Yep, you are right. The Liberals can't stand him, though... b/c he isn't Liberal enough. :roll He hasn't kept their promises. No kidding--- Democrats. This guy is a joke. It is like watching Barney Fife in action. :Green He is clueless. I just say... kill him with kindness. I have seen all over the place... where Libs are complaining left and right about him. The "hard core" ones are getting upset. Just take a peek at Facebook, and you'll see. Blahahaha. I just like to sit back and watch them take him down. lol

In Christ Jesus ~

Molly

• Members
Most of history's dictators actually loved their own country on the most part but I really believe Obama hates America. There is no way you can sit through Rev. Wright's preaching for 20's unless you hate America. The only other explanation is the he really is a Kenyan and considers himself one and not an American.

Wichbla,

How many times did the Obama's go to the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's church? 20 years... yeah right! That is laughable. And, sitting under a man that is cursing the USA? Wright is such a racist. Nuff said.

Of course, Obama is a dictator! We knew that... when we didn't vote for him. America is getting what she deserves. The Liberals have "The ball in their court" now. It reminds me of JFK. I believe he was taken out by his own people. You know? That is my opinion. Although, we won't find that out - most likely, until heaven.

In Christ ~

Molly

• Members

HC, said:

We also know he is a liar. That is a given. He is stupid. :bonk:

Of course... he isn't a Christian. He is a Humanist. I posted the article by David Cloud on that one. Obama believes in nothing. He might even worship his new little water dog (puppy), for all we know. So, much of the USA... believes in nothing but themselves, too. You know? Frank Sinatra's song? "I Did it My Way." Egotism, at it's finest. Again, we don't really need to do anything. This guy is burying himself. It is "heated" out there... lol

God bless,

Molly

• Members
HC, said:

We also know he is a liar. That is a given. He is stupid. :bonk:

Of course... he isn't a Christian. He is a Humanist. I posted the article by David Cloud on that one. Obama believes in nothing. He might even worship his new little water dog (puppy), for all we know. So, much of the USA... believes in nothing but themselves, too. You know? Frank Sinatra's song? "I Did it My Way." Egotism, at it's finest. Again, we don't really need to do anything. This guy is burying himself. It is "heated" out there... lol

God bless,

Molly

:goodpost:

• Members

Has anyone heard this? I was listening to talk radio last week. Someone called in with concerns about another terrorist attack from Islamic Extremists. The repy was... "we don't have to worry about another terrorist attack in the USA... because Barack Obama IS the terrorist attack." Thoughts.

In Christ ~

Molly