• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Just a Happy News Thread =D

• Administrators

So I thought a light-hearted thread might be fun...got any good news or blessings to share? I'll start...

This past Saturday we had the baby shower for my DIL and my soon-to-be-born first grandchild, Asher. I know you all know this, but I am SO EXCITED!   Add to that my niece is expecting a boy in July. Asher will have a cousin to be growing-up friends with.  

We had a lot of ladies at the shower, most of whom were church ladies from our church and the one Sarah grew up in.  I was able to share the gospel in the event that someone wasn't saved. But we talked about rearing a child in the way he should go...and how Jesus is that Way. 

Sarah and Asher were celebrated with a lot of great gifts, but even more than that was the fellowship that we were able to have. All of the ladies there were proof of the love so many have for Sarah. Made my heart happy. And what a help the gifts are/will be for the parents.

Asher will be here in about 5 weeks. Otto (my great-nephew) about 3 months later. I've yearned for babies around me for so long and God is giving me two this year (that I can send home with Momma! ? ).

So what's good in your life right now?

• Administrators
21 hours ago, heartstrings said:

My better half is out of town until Monday, I don't sleep well, almost none, when she's gone. When I lose sleep I get grumpy so, I'll get back to you on this later.  Oh wait, it's almost quitting time, that's a good thing. ?

See, there's something! lol

• Administrators

Good news today: our 3 Sunday School kids came back today. They missed the last two weeks (time change and birthday party). It always makes me nervous when they miss that much because it's easy to then not want to come back. They, however, seemed happy to be there. We sure were!

Hubs and son go faithfully door-knocking every Saturday. There have been interesting visits, but no visitors. Until today. A young man came this morning and said he'd like to come back. He and his fiancé are moving in May to Texas, but if he will continue to come, and if she will come, we get to minister to them for a while anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

So our men were able to do some work at the church today after their breakfast. It's been raining quite a  bit here, and the forecast was for rain. So we've been praying for dry weather for today and tomorrow (for our candy scramble). We are thankful!

• Administrators

We began doing some renovations back in 2020. Just before the plandemic hit.  Well, due to the small size of our church, and the inabilities of some of our men (two of them are nearly blind), we are still at it. Hubs is the one doing all the painting, so that has to be done around his schedule, which sometimes gets hectic. But he's kept plodding and now the only painting left to be done is to finish up the kids' Sunday School room and his office. 

After some false starts, the flooring is being laid today! We decided to put carpet in the library (which will double as a nursery if needed...you know, my grandson ?) and in the kids' room. We thought that might help dampen a bit of noise. The carpet won't be laid until May, so I can't get the library set back up yet. I'm really looking forward to that!

• Members

Heading out to the New Manna Youth Rally, in Marion, N.C., around noon with our daughter. We are meeting our son (who goes to Vision Baptist College) there. Vision is sending a whole bus down and "Brother Chahlie" is the final preacher on Saturday. The rally starts tonight with Brother Kenny Baldwin. It was his preaching (at Summit) that called my son forward to serve the Lord. 

Not only "Happy" but a whole weekend of the "Good News"!