• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Big miracles or small miracles in the Bible

Go to solution Solved by Jerry,

• Members

We have a friend that was very confused. She mentioned that the pastor said today there are no longer miracles. She felt sad, for she said she felt that she had witness or saw a miracle. Many gifts, have ceased example speaking in tongues, where does miracle fall in this category, do you believe it ceased, and are not for today, or miracles have different sizes, big miracles in the past, smaller miracles today. I believe the pastor could’ve been talking about those miracle pastor workers out there, but I’m not sure because he didn’t specify the type of miracles that weren’t for today. But to come out and say miracles are not for today, like tongues are not for today, wasn’t very good to say for the message that he was bringing. I wasn’t present,  so I asked a person that was also there and she said, yes he did say that. My question for you teachers here, are miracles for today? Twitch Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

• Members

No replies yet, sometimes I believe that we’re afraid to openly speak what in our hearts and minds. For we do not want to be wrong politically or in front of others. I am here to challenge you to fear not. I have the answer to this, and I have no Bible College background. 

• Members
  • Solution

Jesus CAN do a miracle anytime He wants - however, the miracles associated with the signs and wonders movement are false, and there are no miracle workers today, as those were the signs of an apostle, to give authority to the New Testament books that they were writing.

I know of some miracles today - like my sister's cancer vanishing completely inbetween one check up and the next. The doctors basically said there was nothing else they could do, as the treatments were not working. but the cancer scare got her attention and caused her to seek the Lord and be ready to receive the Gospel shortly thereafter.

Maybe some would call escaping a deadly accident a miracle - or the exact opposite situation: All being destroyed in the crash except the mother's BIble, or in another case after the van burnt up in a fireball, a Ron Hamilton cd with the song Rejoice in the Lord (he makes no mistakes) was found. That find had a tremendous impact on the highway workers that were cleaning up the road afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
4 hours ago, Invicta said:

The greatest miracle today is Salvation where the sinner, dead in sins is raised to life in Christ.  

I believe Salvation is a gift, can the gift from God, be a miracle? Just checking, Salvation is higher, than a miracle I believe.

• Members
On 3/16/2023 at 2:41 PM, Jerry said:

Jesus CAN do a miracle anytime He wants - however, the miracles associated with the signs and wonders movement are false, and there are no miracle workers today, as those were the signs of an apostle, to give authority to the New Testament books that they were writing.

I know of some miracles today - like my sister's cancer vanishing completely inbetween one check up and the next. The doctors basically said there was nothing else they could do, as the treatments were not working. but the cancer scare got her attention and caused her to seek the Lord and be ready to receive the Gospel shortly thereafter.

Maybe some would call escaping a deadly accident a miracle - or the exact opposite situation: All being destroyed in the crash except the mother's BIble, or in another case after the van burnt up in a fireball, a Ron Hamilton cd with the song Rejoice in the Lord (he makes no mistakes) was found. That find had a tremendous impact on the highway workers that were cleaning up the road afterwards.

I quoted Brother Jerry because I agree with everything he mentioned.

Like Brother Jerry - I too have known people who have been healed and the only explanation for the change in circumstances was answered prayers.

In fact the local IFB Pastor was diagnosed with a brain tumor that required immediate surgery to try to remove it. The local IFB church hit their knees as often as possible praying for a miracle with the Pastors son taking the lead in his father's absence.

Leading up the surgery there was a need for them to take a last look with X-rays and whatever tests they used - the doctors were seeing an unexplained diagnosis. The tumor had changed from a life threatening stage into one that required no immediate surgery whatsoever.

The "miracle" wasn't confined to the medium size town I lived in. The story hit the local papers and soon after the Pastor was doing interviews about the healing on the country wide news networks. The Indianapolis doctors themselves were interviewed and validated the miraculous nature it from a medical perspective. This situation was so unusual that it had not been recorded or listed in the recorded history of cases and diagnosis by Professional Doctors.

God had willed that his shepherd was needed on this earth awhile longer and while not completely removing the "thorn" he did make it dormant. Pastor Crockett served the church for another seven years before the cancers in him returned. He passed away at peace knowing that God had extended his life and so he had complete trust that his death was the will and in the hands of the Lord.

His legacy still impacts this community (and beyond Indiana itself) and through the church,school, and his family from the spiritual seeds he planted within them.

Edited by Disciple.Luke