• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are you married to a Jehovah witness?

Go to solution Solved by Disciple.Luke,

• Members
  • Solution

I knew a JW whose wife was a Baptist.

I couldn't really understand how their marriage had lasted. He wasn't a pleasant person to begin with and on top of that he was a very strict elder. I felt like he took his position as an Elder to be an "enforcer" around the congregation. 

I studied with him many years ago but I remember that his wife was ill at the time. I asked him one time how they avoided heated theological disagreements and he said that when they read the bible together they ONLY read the words of Jesus. 

HIs answer seemed odd to me which is probably why I remember it after all these years. 

There is no way for me to know for sure but I always assumed the marriage wasn't a very happy one 

It's been my experience that MOST JWs are married to inactive members or agnostic types that don't put up a fight over religion preference. He's the only one I know personally that married someone with a faith like a Baptist.

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 3/14/2023 at 2:47 PM, Disciple.Luke said:

I knew a JW whose wife was a Baptist.

I couldn't really understand how their marriage had lasted. He wasn't a pleasant person to begin with and on top of that he was a very strict elder. I felt like he took his position as an Elder to be an "enforcer" around the congregation. 

I studied with him many years ago but I remember that his wife was ill at the time. I asked him one time how they avoided heated theological disagreements and he said that when they read the bible together they ONLY read the words of Jesus. 

HIs answer seemed odd to me which is probably why I remember it after all these years. 

There is no way for me to know for sure but I always assumed the marriage wasn't a very happy one 

It's been my experience that MOST JWs are married to inactive members or agnostic types that don't put up a fight over religion preference. He's the only one I know personally that married someone with a faith like a Baptist.

Thanks, he could be leaving his faith at church. Not practicing it at home, this happens in all denominations.