• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are Drums allowed in your church yet…

TheGloryLand
Go to solution Solved by Pastor Matt,

• Members

The trouble with  multiple instruments is that churches can bring someone in who is an unbeliever to fill a  vacancy.  I was in a church once that had a  brass band and they had that problem when eventually they brought in a band leader who, if he didn't like a sermon, played the next him very  loudly.  I have been in the Brethren where they had unaccompanied hymns in the morning  service.  In our church we have an organ and a man who has been playing for years wh plays the introduction very fast and in the singing it is painfully slow. I once asked him why? and he said they have their own speed of singing. I thought he should be leading not following.  We have a relatively new pastor and his eldest son is a good pianist but he has not been well for just over a year and not often well enough to play. He had to give up on his first year at university about this time last year.

Edited by Invicta
Change a word

• Members
On 3/13/2023 at 12:42 PM, TheGloryLand said:

Thanks, they don’t let members correct the spelling here after so many minutes. Or they don’t allowed me too. ?

Good morning, can one of you Admin. add an L to aloud on the title. My spellcheck didn’t show allowed. When posting.  Make it allowed ? Gracias 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Good morning, can one of you Admin. add an L to aloud on the title. My spellcheck didn’t show allowed. When posting.  Make it allowed ? Gracias 

I can't see a way to do that. If someone cannot, don't worry about it. I'm not - and I'm a wonk on spelling. lol

• 3 weeks later...