• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"I changed Bible Versions For my Kids" -

• Members
2 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Bryan Samms used be be IFB, but changed because his kids wanted to use a different version. The biggest problem I have with Samms is that he a conviction against his members using the KJV.

To be honest I just had to go back and watch the last couple minutes to see what you were referring to.  

I prematurely cut the video off right towards the end after he described his thoughts about other translations and which one he chose, so I stopped right before his story about the visiting Pastor using the KJV.

I completely agree with you that there is a huge difference between him "preferring" to use a different translation and him having "convictions"  against using it all.

Im just speculating but I had the impression that there is more context of how he formed those convictions against the KJV bible than just the reasons in the video.

• Members
29 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Here is the video where he says he has a conviction about not using the KJV

He currently teaches at https://vbc.edu/

Yes thats the clip from about 16 minutes into the original video you posted.

I guess the first time I watched it the way he used "conviction" just didn't click in my mind because he had just said something about Eugene Petersons Message "bible" right before that and I assumed was gonna keep rambling on different translations.

But I for sure agree with girl who originally posted it on Twitter when she described it as "scorning" the KJV rather than decision for his kids.