• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Administrators

So the Wed before Christmas the pipes in the well house froze and broke. Hubs worked on them and fixed them, only to find another leak...here we are two weeks later and a plumber was finally able to come. There is massive damage. 

We had the tank replaced, but the workers didn't insulate the pipes they replaced (not their responsibility), and we didn't think about it.  The Tues/Wed before Christmas we had the lowest temps around here that there've been in quite a number of years.

Happily, we are able to get water from the church, and we can shower there as well. However, it is a lot of work and inconvenience. Mom is in her 80s, so it's hard on her as well.

I would appreciate prayer for the plumber to be able to get things fixed properly (he had to tear up the concrete...) and that it won't be uber expensive.

And we praise the Lord for the fact that we have been able to get water, shower, and go to the laundromat.

• Members
10 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

So the Wed before Christmas the pipes in the well house froze and broke. Hubs worked on them and fixed them, only to find another leak...here we are two weeks later and a plumber was finally able to come. There is massive damage. 

We had the tank replaced, but the workers didn't insulate the pipes they replaced (not their responsibility), and we didn't think about it.  The Tues/Wed before Christmas we had the lowest temps around here that there've been in quite a number of years.

Happily, we are able to get water from the church, and we can shower there as well. However, it is a lot of work and inconvenience. Mom is in her 80s, so it's hard on her as well.

I would appreciate prayer for the plumber to be able to get things fixed properly (he had to tear up the concrete...) and that it won't be uber expensive.

And we praise the Lord for the fact that we have been able to get water, shower, and go to the laundromat.

Hey, I'm so sorry! We definitely know about challenges, especially around the holidays. On Christmas Eve, our heat pump went out. We had to put the crazy thing on emergency heat, and also use a small heater to heat the living room, kitchen, and one bedroom. They couldn't get to replacing it until the 28th. The crazy thing ran non-stop for five days...I can't wait to see our electricity bill for this month...and the $13K for the new heat pump! But, praise be to God for all things. It's HIS house, not ours. We just live in it and try to keep it up the best we can with what he provides us with. We'll be praying for y'all. We know your mother is there, too, and that is another concern for you. Keep us informed.

• Administrators

Appreciate the prayer. It looks like it's fixed. He reconfigured things in the well house, so changing the filter will be easier. We didn't realize that our bathroom sink was turned on...water all over the floor! LOL - feast or famine for us, it seems.

We are waiting now for the holding tank to refill so that the commodes will all fill properly. But thankfully they will flush. Music to my ears! 

Now just praying that the high winds expected tonight don't knock out our electricity. Urgh.

I'm glad you were able to get that fixed, Tony. This is not the time of year to be without heat!

• 6 months later...
  • Members
On 1/4/2023 at 11:18 PM, BrotherTony said:

Hey, I'm so sorry! We definitely know about challenges, especially around the holidays. On Christmas Eve, our heat pump went out. We had to put the crazy thing on emergency heat, and also use a small heater to heat the living room, kitchen, and one bedroom. They couldn't get to replacing it until the 28th. The crazy thing ran non-stop for five days...I can't wait to see our electricity bill for this month...and the $13K for the new heat pump! But, praise be to God for all things. It's HIS house, not ours. We just live in it and try to keep it up the best we can with what he provides us with. We'll be praying for y'all. We know your mother is there, too, and that is another concern for you. Keep us informed.

Are heat pumps efficient? I have read reports that they are not. My son in law's mother has one and he said it uses so much electricity to run that it was barely worth it.

• Members
30 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Are heat pumps efficient? I have read reports that they are not. My son in law's mother has one and he said it uses so much electricity to run that it was barely worth it.

Ours seems to be very efficient. The only real challenges we face is the same thing we would face with a central heat and air... lightning strike and static electricity build up in the atmosphere. We're on our third unit in 20 years. Of course,units today are only manufactured to last between 10-12 years.