• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The next generation of Baptist are to weak

• Members

I know this might sound like a new negative post, but I’ll tell you what I see, it appears that religion and politics, similar in many ways.Looking at the Republican future parties, they are ? very weak, so as many Baptist churches, and denominations are looking very weak. Christianity seems to be in the minority now, not everywhere, but in the major big cities. Is this prophecy being fulfilled? Are we getting closer to the end times. Some might say yes, we are getting closer to the end of time, and at the same time, there are others that say, we’re still far away. Where do you stand today?

• Members

Saying the next generation of Baptists are going to be weak is an unprovable, BLANKET statement. Do you have any statistics that prove this assertion?? You are definitely allowed to have that belief, but, as you stated that some would see it, it does seem to be another negative post. Though religion and politics DO at times get intertwined, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Strong, Bible believing Christians help influence politics and policy in a good way.  I know of many young Christians, not just Baptists, but Methodists, Lutherans, AoG, Bible, and others who are saved, and living strong, vibrant, Godly Christian lives and are discipling others to do the same. It's truly sad that you seem to have such a negative view of what God is doing. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Saying the next generation of Baptists are going to be weak is an unprovable, BLANKET statement. Do you have any statistics that prove this assertion?? You are definitely allowed to have that belief, but, as you stated that some would see it, it does seem to be another negative post. Though religion and politics DO at times get intertwined, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Strong, Bible believing Christians help influence politics and policy in a good way.  I know of many young Christians, not just Baptists, but Methodists, Lutherans, AoG, Bible, and others who are saved, and living strong, vibrant, Godly Christian lives and are discipling others to do the same. It's truly sad that you seem to have such a negative view of what God is doing. 

More Sad, to see what our children are going to live with. Not what God, is doing. Your blanket needs cleaning 

• Members
33 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

More Sad, to see what our children are going to live with. Not what God, is doing. Your blanket needs cleaning 

Again, your opinion with no substantiating statistics. My blanket is clean, as is my heart. I certainly hope an pray the same for you and yours, and everyone here. The Lord has a lot of servants on these forums. I hope he's able to use all of them and that they're living in His will. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Again, your opinion with no substantiating statistics. My blanket is clean, as is my heart. I certainly hope an pray the same for you and yours, and everyone here. The Lord has a lot of servants on these forums. I hope he's able to use all of them and that they're living in His will. 

Yes, there are many that will do their best here, and not here. I do thank the Lord for them. I know that my post are not good news. You are in a place, where things are going very well. What I mentioned, may not apply to many small churches. Today modern preachers, don’t talk about what is going on with are government. They want to be more neutral on morality issues. The church and the government should be separated, but not morality and the immoral living to be accepted. 

• Members
9 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Yes, there are many that will do their best here, and not here. I do thank the Lord for them. I know that my post are not good news. You are in a place, where things are going very well. What I mentioned, may not apply to many small churches. Today modern preachers, don’t talk about what is going on with are government. They want to be more neutral on morality issues. The church and the government should be separated, but not morality and the immoral living to be accepted. 

If this is the case, and they're not preaching against certain issues and circumstances that are unbiblical in nature, they shouldn't be in the pulpit. That's between them and their pastors. There are many small, large, and medium churches all over this country that haven't bowed the knee to Baal. I hate to say it, but, I believe you intentionally look at things through a dark lens. We should be able to discern, but, we also should be positive about what the Bible says. Yes, it does say that in the last days the love of many will wax cold...and I believe that is happening right now. I believe there is a falling away from the things of the Lord in all age groups. I also believe that the Lord will keep his word when he said that the gates of Hell wouldn't prevail against the church. Evil has been in existence since the beginning (Garden of Eden), and it will continue until there is a new heaven and a new earth. Yet we are to be putting on the whole armor of God and standing against the wiles of the devil. I am...are you? 

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
On 12/3/2022 at 11:58 AM, TheGloryLand said:

I know this might sound like a new negative post, but I’ll tell you what I see, it appears that religion and politics, similar in many ways.Looking at the Republican future parties, they are ? very weak, so as many Baptist churches, and denominations are looking very weak. Christianity seems to be in the minority now, not everywhere, but in the major big cities. Is this prophecy being fulfilled? Are we getting closer to the end times. Some might say yes, we are getting closer to the end of time, and at the same time, there are others that say, we’re still far away. Where do you stand today?

Your observation falls in line with another thread pointing out that too much freedom can be bad. Without real persecution (especially for being  a nominal Christian) makes people weak in their faith.

• Members
On 12/10/2022 at 5:39 PM, Danny Carlton said:

Your observation falls in line with another thread pointing out that too much freedom can be bad. Without real persecution (especially for being  a nominal Christian) makes people weak in their faith.

If you give a man fish three days in a row, the 4th day he’ll be waiting for fish. But if we give him fish the first day with a fishing pole and bait, and teach him how to fish. This way he can earn it. If you give a Christian or nonbelievers freedom, you have to show them how to appreciate it, and how to use it. Not to waste it.

• Members
On 12/3/2022 at 12:58 PM, TheGloryLand said:

I believe this... Romans 13:11 "And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed."

• Members

I have little doubt future generations will be weaker in obeying the Lord. 
2 Timothy 3:1-9
2 Peter 3:3-17
2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
I am absolutely and unequivocally positive about God's Word.  My optimism for the soon return of Jesus Christ grows with each passing day and each disgustful edict from our nation's elected government coupled with the permissive agreement of the electorate.
Matthew 24:12   And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Revelation 22:20   He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

All of us need a good shaking and test of our foundations. 
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
2 Corinthians 13:5   Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

All that said and quoted, nothing prevents God from allowing revival in the hearts of men. We could see myriads of lost saved before "that great and notable day of the Lord come".