• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers for our nieces and their families

• Members

We received a call from my wife's younger sister, Pat, that their older sister, Diane, had been found dead in her apartment. She apparently passed away yesterday or late the day before. My niece had been trying to get ahold of her for several hours and hadn't gotten any answer. So, she asked he husband to go and check on her. He found her dead. My sister-in-law was an alcoholic, had type II diabetes, had suffered a stroke, had a pacemaker, and wasn't in good health. She would have been 65 on December 7th. My nieces are torn up as their father, my ex-brother-in-law, passed away on October 27th from a four year battle with cancer. This is the third family member in a month that has passed away. My wife is taking this very hard. We don't believe there will be a funeral, as Diane wished to be cremated. There probably won't be a memorial service. If there is, we will have to make a trip to Pittsburgh, PA. 

Please, be in prayer for us. Diane wasn't saved as far as we know. Her daughters aren't either. We've witnessed to them several times. Also be praying for my nieces to see their need for the Lord during this time. 

Thanks in advance. 

BT

• Members
4 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

How is everyone doing, @BrotherTony?

My nieces are doing fair. The youngest one is still "touch-and-go" at times. She was pretty close to her mother. The older one is doing very well. Her relationship with her mother was very strained as she always told her mother the truth about her condition...alcohol, refusing to take her meds, and not eating correctly. We had made plans to go up to spread Diane's ashes (and her ex-husbands as well...he died on October 27, just one month before Diane) but, her oldest daughter said they're going to scatter them in June. So, that gives us time to prepare. Vivian and I are going to have to travel 8 hours SE to Union, SC to pick up the remaining sister, and then go 10 hours N to Pittsburgh. So, we were thankful for that. We didn't want to get caught up in Pennsylvania in the snow. 

Thanks for asking, LuAnne. It's been a hard month losing our ex-BIL, a cousin, and then Vivian's sister.