• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I've been left behind

• Members

Here's story i wrote early last Sunday morning after a short bible study with a dear friend on the IM. The study was of the soon return of Christ for His Church. This story is meant to get others to think and consider am I rapture ready am i ready to meet the Lord in the air. Don't think any of us can really fathom what all will take place on this day so this comes from my own personal thoughts as to what that day may hold for them Left behind. Maybe this story should be posted in the prophecy section of the forum but i'm far from wanting to get a debate going.

Story....

I had awaken quickly out of a deep sleep to noises and a great shaking beneath me. The feeling of despair came over me as I looked over to see my wife gone. Her clothes she had gone to bed in were laying beside me in the bed but where was she at? I heard screams coming from near by awakening my senses to the fact that something awful had just happened. Jumping out of my bed I went into the living room thinking of finding my wife but she was no where to be found. I went to my child?s room to find he was not there in his bed either. My son is gone and his clothes were in place.

Pure terror shot through every part of my being while listening to the screams of my next door neighbors screaming for their children. I ran outside to find a few people searching everywhere for their family members. As I walked down the road to my surprise there were loved ones missing. Some were on their cell phones trying to call for help but getting angry and throwing their phones to the ground. There were sirens in the background some moving away some getting louder as they moved closer. As I moved towards the end of the street to the main highway in the far distance I seen a plane that had crashed, cars were piled upon one upon another. People were crying aloud from being severely injured. I seen a dead lady lying in her own blood. A friend or loved one was down beside of her crying. Another man was walking as if he was lost and confused. Blood was streaming down his head onto his shoulders. Over to the other side of the highway I seen another lady down on her knees begging the Lord for forgiveness and crying out for Christ to please do not leave me behind.

Looking above me into the heavens it?s as if the tiny bit of light that was left was disappearing behind some clouds as if they were closing up. I felt as if I was all of a sudden in a world full of darkness. As reality began to set in I began asking myself what has happened, where did all these people go? I remember my wife sitting next to me reading her bible and saying to me, ?soon the Lord will return He will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God, and the dead in Christ would rise and those who are alive and believe in Him would be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Never has any words ever play out so vividly in my mind. It was as she was there reading those words to me once again. My thoughts were now ?I've been left behind.?