• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Daughter at college...

• Members
27 minutes ago, Russ Pittman said:

Our sweet li'l girl (20) is attending West Coast Baptist this year...and we miss her!

We live in Southeastern Indiana and the college is in Southern California! (Yikes!)

It's been a wild time for us and her. She is LOVING it..and we are SO proud of her!

Anyone else have children going there?

No children, so none i college. But, I have many nephews and nieces who are attending college. Only two of those are/were in Christian colleges. My ex-brother-in-law used to be on staff at WCBC and the church there back in the 1990s. They had both attended Trinity in Florida. 

• Members

Our youngest son (17) is in his first year at Vision Baptist College which is on the other side of the country; Berlin NJ. Only 10 1/2 hours from our home here in TN so not quite as far apart as you are. He is loving it. They keep them very busy, which is just what our son loves. We sure do miss him, though. He fills up a room (in a very good way). He is currently considering being a Youth Pastor, but is leaving his options open to the Lord's leading.

• Members
1 hour ago, Napsterdad said:

Our youngest son (17) is in his first year at Vision Baptist College which is on the other side of the country; Berlin NJ. Only 10 1/2 hours from our home here in TN so not quite as far apart as you are. He is loving it. They keep them very busy, which is just what our son loves. We sure do miss him, though. He fills up a room (in a very good way). He is currently considering being a Youth Pastor, but is leaving his options open to the Lord's leading.

That's right! You, like my wife and me, live in Tennessee! I don't recall what part. We live around Murfreesboro! ?

• Administrators

We don't have any children attending there (our son attended Fairhaven for a year, and also IU and Cochise), but we support a missionary couple who attended/graduated from there. My brother and his wife attended the church there for a while (they now live elsewhere). Bro. Paul Chappell led my Uncle Paul to the Lord.

• Members
1 hour ago, HappyChristian said:

We don't have any children attending there (our son attended Fairhaven for a year, and also IU and Cochise), but we support a missionary couple who attended/graduated from there. My brother and his wife attended the church there for a while (they now live elsewhere). Bro. Paul Chappell led my Uncle Paul to the Lord.

Brother Chappell is a good man, and a strong preacher and defender of the Gospel! My best friends daughter and husband both attended Fairhaven. 

• Members
46 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Can you tell me who they are? We might know them.

Jacob and Naomi Beres. Sad to say, but they're separated now. Jacob moved back to Indiana leaving his son and wife in Illinois with my best friends. We're praying for a reconciliation. Jacob is having doubts about things, both spiritual and material. 

• Administrators
On 10/24/2022 at 2:56 PM, BrotherTony said:

Jacob and Naomi Beres. Sad to say, but they're separated now. Jacob moved back to Indiana leaving his son and wife in Illinois with my best friends. We're praying for a reconciliation. Jacob is having doubts about things, both spiritual and material. 

I'm not familiar with them. I'm sorry they're separated. I do hope for a reconciliation. Sadly, so many have doubts...especially about spiritual things.

• Members
On 10/24/2022 at 4:12 PM, BrotherTony said:

Brother Chappell is a good man, and a strong preacher and defender of the Gospel! My best friends daughter and husband both attended Fairhaven. 

Except when it comes to reproving his son's rock-n-roll theology and church.  At least, that was five years ago and I haven't looked since.

Our church has a number of members who teach in our church's academy that graduated from WCBC.  Generally speaking, year after year they've become less separated from society and CCM has permeated the school as nobody takes a stand against it anymore.  So this infects the students and it shows.

• Members
9 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Except when it comes to reproving his son's rock-n-roll theology and church.  At least, that was five years ago and I haven't looked since.

Our church has a number of members who teach in our church's academy that graduated from WCBC.  Generally speaking, year after year they've become less separated from society and CCM has permeated the school as nobody takes a stand against it anymore.  So this infects the students and it shows.

I can only go by what I've known of Chappell in the past...back in the 1980s and 90s. I know nothing of the church there allowing the infiltration of CCM, or of his sons alleged "rock-n-roll lifestyle." Guess I'll have to check out his sermons online and do some research. If all you say is so, then the people I know who attend there, or have attended there within the last 15-20 years seems to be lying. 

• Administrators
On 10/23/2022 at 8:39 AM, Napsterdad said:

My daughter JoHannah graduates this year at Vision with a music major. 

• Members
On 10/29/2022 at 3:08 PM, BrotherTony said:

I can only go by what I've known of Chappell in the past...back in the 1980s and 90s. I know nothing of the church there allowing the infiltration of CCM, or of his sons alleged "rock-n-roll lifestyle." Guess I'll have to check out his sermons online and do some research. If all you say is so, then the people I know who attend there, or have attended there within the last 15-20 years seems to be lying. 

https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/lancaster-baptist-church-contemporary-fruit.php

The warning on music is here and one can look up the actual videos on youtube:

https://www.wayoflife.org/database/examples_of_ccm_used_at_lancaster.html