• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians that are fanatics

• Members

Just like in politics, there are many fanatics in Christianity. There are those that are fanatic, those that can see what's going on, in their surroundings, but they are totally blind to reality. How to deal with those that are fanatics to a religion, and what the bible says.

happy ice hockey GIF by Capitals

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members

Could you please be a little more clear about what you're looking for? Being a Christian fanatic isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's about how one would show their fanaticism that would be the problem. Definition below:

fa·nat·ic
[fəˈnadik]

NOUN
  1. a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause:
    "religious fanatics"
    synonyms:
    zealot · extremist · militant · dogmatist · devotee · sectarian · bigot · chauvinist · partisan · radical · diehard · ultra · activist · apologist · adherent · visionary

“Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” Jude 1:3, KJV

1 Corinthians 16:15

“I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)”

King James Version (KJV)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a Christian fanatic. One can still be a fanatic and give the truth in love

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members

TheGloryLand, please act like a mature Christian brother and stop baiting and mocking BrotherTony. It bothers me to see your posts like this, and it is not pleasing to God to mock another brother in Christ. If you are disagreeing with him about something, state that disagreement, but please don't resort to worldly behaviour. It is a stumbling block to others and a bad testimony to the lost world around us.

• Members
1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

Define fanatic for us please TGL.

Well, brother, Tony did a pretty good job above. I’m talking about those that isolate themselves from the world, and just supporting those that are round them, following a religion. Thank you for asking.

• Members
On 10/23/2022 at 9:28 AM, TheGloryLand said:

Well, brother, Tony did a pretty good job above. I’m talking about those that isolate themselves from the world, and just supporting those that are round them, following a religion. Thank you for asking.

Well, you could call me a fanatic but I don't separate from the world as I ought to and I don't follow a religion, I follow the Lord Jesus Christ!

• Members

Swathdiver, based on your statement, that is technically the definition of a hypocrite - and it is presumptuous sin to deliberately choose not to do what you know to be right.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

• Members
On 10/30/2022 at 10:05 PM, Jerry said:

Swathdiver, based on your statement, that is technically the definition of a hypocrite - and it is presumptuous sin to deliberately choose not to do what you know to be right.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

You're absolutely right Brother Jerry.  I am at times a hypocrite and other times fall and immediately catch myself and repent.  

• Members
3 hours ago, swathdiver said:

You're absolutely right Brother Jerry.  I am at times a hypocrite and other times fall and immediately catch myself and repent.  

You are not alone brother....

Rom 7:22-25
(22)  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
(23)  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
(24)  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
(25)  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

• Members

I am glad you repent of deliberate compromises in your life (your earlier post did not clearly indicate that, hence my response). Yes, we all do struggle and all still sin until the Lord takes us home (1 John 1:8, 10; Ecclesiastes 7:20) - though we are accountable to deal with any sin as it is brought to our attention (otherwise our walk and fellowship with the Lord and other believers is hindered). Like it speaks about in Leviticus chapters 4-5 (especially 4:14; 5:3-4 - when... then...).