• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer Request For My Friends

• Members

This afternoon, friends of ours from church lost a daughter in a car crash.  They are faithful workers in our church and they have all made professions of faith.  His daughter was travelling with a former classmate from our church's academy when their car struck a minivan killing all involved, 4.

His daughters and our daughters grew up together and we called them all the Black Feet Tribe as we used to watch them all run around the gymnasium with no shoes on, their little feet black from running around bare.  She is the first of them to go home to the Lord.

The young man was 18 and she was 19 and he was driving a 2022 Tesla and for some reason, decided to turn it up to over a hundred miles an hour.  An elderly couple in their 70s was making a lawful left hand turn onto a side street in their Chrysler Pacifica when the two autos collided.  The Tesla went airborne as it ripped the drivetrain out of the minivan and landed on its back and caught fire.  The engine from the Pacifica landed 280 feet away.  A passerby tried to get the teens out of the Tesla and could not reach them, he then extracted the woman from the Chrysler and she passed into eternity while performing CPR on her.  

https://www.wptv.com/traffic/traffic-news/deadly-crash-closes-intersection-in-martin-county

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-martin-county/stuart/witnesses-describe-fiery-martin-county-crash-that-killed-4-people

Please pray for the families and loved ones that the Lord comforts them and gives them peace.  Pray for my pastor that God gives him the strength to do what needs doing.  Pray for my daughter Julia, she is with the family and her older sister, spending the night to be there and make sure their needs are met.  

Thank you.  I hope to resume regular participation soon.  My eye doctor made up new glasses for me for reading but am still healing from surgery and have not been able to pick them up yet.

James

Edited by swathdiver
grammar