• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Missing Hiker...

• Administrators

Our pianist's adult son is an avid hiker and runner. This past Friday he was headed to a very hard trail in the Sierra Madres in CA. He never made it home.

Today they found his car, and thanks to friends know which trail he took. Of course the hardest one in the area. They are searching that trail now. Please pray with us that he will be found. I am also praying that he will be alive.

Our pianist is, of course, quite upset. Prayer for strength for her would be greatly appreciated. Her name is Pat. His name is Rob.

• Administrators

No news on Rob. SAR was activated this morning, and apparently that particular SAR is considered one of the best groups in the world. There are others who are helping as well. The trail he was apparently on is vast, though, so it's not an easy, quick search.  This will be his 6th night out there. It's not gotten below 30 any night, but that's still pretty cold, especially since he was only planning a day hike.

A little tidbit - my mom and our pianist are distant cousins. So that makes Rob family, besides his being our pianist's son. 

• Administrators

Well, I'm sorry I should have hopped on here last night with developments.

SAR found Rob yesterday evening. He is gone. It seems that he made it to the top of the mountain (which was his goal after an accident a couple years' back that stopped him from it). I don't know if it was on his way down or when it was, but the ground gave way and down he went. Death was instant.

Miss Pat told me she had a calm all day (woke up with the name of a song she wants my hubs and I to sing at the service, so she feels like she knew yesterday morning). Her other son is having a hard time. She also has a daughter who was very close to Rob. Please pray for comfort and that good things come out of this.

On another sad note, I received a text and then a phone call last night from another member. His sister was found dead yesterday. They had not heard from her for a few days, which was not normal. So he went to the place where she was dog-sitting. He saw her personal items through the window, but of course couldn't go in. He called the police, who came and found her upstairs, gone. 

His mom is having a really hard time with it. Please pray for them, also. The Huckins Family. 

• Administrators

Just an update: Rob's memorial service will be Nov. 5. There will be a lot of unsaved people there. Please pray for liberty for my husband and that the Holy Spirit will work in hearts.

I don't know when the service for the other lady is...since the mom is not a member of our church, my husband will not be speaking at the service. However, we do know the man who will be speaking and we know that he will present the gospel. Please also pray for liberty for him and that the Holy Spirit will work in hearts there as well.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

So one funeral was this past Saturday. Hubs did not speak at that one, but a friend did. 

The next one is a memorial rather than a funeral. I had mentioned that it would be Nov. 5. Our pianist had to change the date so she could get a large enough venue (our church just simply won't hold all the people). It is now Nov. 12. I would really appreciate prayer for Miss Pat. She is at the point in her grief where she just starts crying uncontrollably.