• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

TrueCompanion

• Members

Have any here besides me ever received a leading/probing question from TrueCompanion (TC) in your messages? While I have not been all that active on this forum in a while, I did receive one from him back on 9/12 (we have never corresponded before). While the question was innocent enough (I guess) the feel I get from the whole conversation leads me to believe that TC is looking for some hole in the armor or weakness to exploit. Here is the content in full:

TrueCompanion         Started conversation: September 12

Dear Napsterdad,

Do you pray on behalf of others?

Awaiting your reply,

L.G.

Napsterdad       Replied: September 12

Should not all Christians pray for others?

TrueCompanion      Replied: September 14

"Greetings!" -James 1:1.

While I am "thankful" for your reply, I can't answer a question when I am awaiting an answer to my question. -Colossians 3:15. If I did, we would go back and forth in a flurry of "foolishness" with no one giving an "answer." -Proverbs 26:4.

Please try answering my question so as to "let all things take place decently and by arrangement." -1 Corinthians 14:40. Thereafter, I would glad to follow up with dialog.

"May your peace grow great!" -Daniel 4:1.

Napsterdad       Replied: September 14

I did answer your question in an off-hand type of way. Regardless:

I do not pray "on behalf of" others, I am no ones representative. Each person is responsible for their own prayers. I do pray for others.

Of what interest is this of yours? I am no respecter of foolishness either and see no reason for you to be opening this dialog with me alone. Why not start a thread in the forum and let all participate? In fact, why don't you ever participate in any threads in this forum?

But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. Titus 3:9

That's it. TC never responded to my last message; even though he has been on the forum regular since. This leads me to believe he wasn't really interested in an honest discussion about prayer. But if he was, why not open it up to the whole forum? In fact, why has TC NEVER participated in any topic on this forum (he has been a member since 11/2017), but yet he will probe individuals.

Having said this, it could be an interesting topic of discussion: Praying on behalf of, or for others. Personally, I do not believe we can pray on behalf of others. That infringes on the personal relationship of prayer between the individual and God (makes me think Catholicism). Praying for others is absolutely essential.

• Members

Praying for others is something every Christian should do. "Bear ye one another's burdens." Praying for others is all a part of this. I don't know, nor have I ever corresponded or replied to anything from TC, but  I do find it interesting that he starts a conversation...private  at that. To be honest, I also find it disturbing that one would post a private conversation to themselves to the public. Yet, that's just me. Others may find this acceptable. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

To be honest, I also find it disturbing that one would post a private conversation to themselves to the public. Yet, that's just me. Others may find this acceptable. 

Had the conversation been of a sensitive nature I likely would not have made it public, but since it was not, and within that very conversation I stated how I thought it should have been a public conversation, I do not see an issue with its posting. However, if this is a standard tactic by TC to instigate privately among the forum members, I do believe it should be brought to the fore. Many bad things have happened within Christian circles by people with subversive intent operating behind the scenes.

• Members
5 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

Had the conversation been of a sensitive nature I likely would not have made it public, but since it was not, and within that very conversation I stated how I thought it should have been a public conversation, I do not see an issue with its posting. However, if this is a standard tactic by TC to instigate privately among the forum members, I do believe it should be brought to the fore. Many bad things have happened within Christian circles by people with subversive intent operating behind the scenes.

If you had problems or felt that something untoward was going on, maybe you should have first brought it to the attention of the moderators or administrators. Just a thought. Not trying to tell you what to do, but letting you know how it looks to me.

• Members

His messages to me did seem a little off. First he asked what Bible I would recommend, then seem dismayed that it took me a few days to get back to him as I was not on these boards then. I just saw another question by him asking who is the Most High over all the earth according to Psalm 83:18? Though looking up the verse itself and reading it would certainly answer it - unless he has some problem with the name Jehovah.

Psalm 83:18  That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

Now I feel left out. ? The first two members to greet me on another forum turned out to be the biggest instigators on the site. One guy didn't include 2Peter and Jude in the canon and the other guy just attacked female posters and planted doubt everywhere he went. 

This forum is different. It seems the moderators take care of business. So far, I like it here.