• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers for those in Florida...especially the area of impact they're predicting.

• Members

My brother and sister-in-law, as well as a niece and nephew in law live in Seminole, FL, a suburb of Tampa, and I also have a brother in Orlando, as well as several friends and cousins near the same areas. I've had a load of prayer requests hit me this morning of people who are concerned about this hurricane becoming a STRONG category 4 or even a category 5. They're saying this could possibly be a devastating thing for the Tampa area...the worst storm in 100+ years. Please, pray for the people of Florida as they as facing this natural disaster. 

Thanks in advance.

BT

• Administrators

Bro. Tony, not to be picky, but Seminole is a suburb of St. Petersburg, not Tampa. Tampa Bay separates Tampa from St. Petersburg. Seminole is actually closer to the Gulf Coast than Tampa. I lived just one town away from Seminole in Pinellas Park years ago. 

But aside from being picky, I will be in prayer for those that may be affected.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bro. Tony, not to be picky, but Seminole is a suburb of St. Petersburg, not Tampa. Tampa Bay separates Tampa from St. Petersburg. Seminole is actually closer to the Gulf Coast than Tampa. I lived just one town away from Seminole in Pinellas Park years ago. 

But aside from being picky, I will be in prayer for those that may be affected.

You're right....I don't know why I put Tampa...LOL...Too many things happening at once today. My brother works at a mold remediation company in Tampa. My sister in law works from home in Seminole, and my nephew in law is a youth pastor at a church in St. Petersburg. I've been contending with two sick 5 month old female Labrador pups this morning, and our 1 year old, Bailey is getting sick, too. I've had to carry be running in and out the door with them since 1 AM this morning. UGH! But, I wouldn't trade them for the world. I don't count it as you being picky at all. Thanks for the correction...I should have seen what I did, but while listening to the news, I put wrote the town they were reporting from. 

• Administrators

Since Florida is a peninsula they are sure to be impacted. But one thing in their favor is that they are not on the Atlantic Coast where most hurricanes come ashore. Once in a while they do come ashore in the gulf though, that would put them in immediate danger. Still praying for them.