• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians that support abortions

• Members
3 minutes ago, Brother Stafford said:

People can graduate from Bible colleges and hold unbiblical views.  Men can pastor churches and hold unbiblical views.  
Credentials are pretty meaningless to me.  I’m interested in what an individual actually believes.

I agree, but sometimes it can be a person very close love one, very close to you or me. They can be lost, if they choose not to see. Not just in voting, but in supporting all Morality.

• Members
12 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I just spoke to a couple of Christians conservatives that voted for a liberal governor here in Florida, by mail. Are they lost? voting for a person that support abortions, more drug use, of marijuana, and that support gay marriages. ? 

You state that they're "Christians" and then ask if they're "lost" for voting for a liberal governor. Of course they're not lost. Misled maybe, but not lost! Why ask such a question? Voting for a person who doesn't support what most Christians do doesn't negate ones salvation. It may show their lack of growth as a Christian...but Christians aren't perfect. 

• Members
26 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I wonder if the first Christians, voted for king Cesar .

Season 1 King GIF by The Spanish Princess

Roman emperors were not elected. They gained office either by inheritance or by a military coup, with a small few attaining emperor by Senate approval.

Edited by Napsterdad

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

One of them that I mentioned, graduated from Bible college, southern.

Just because one graduates from a Bible college doesn't mean they'll hold conservative views. I know many that went to college with me back in the early 1980s that don't hold conservative views today, whether from a Southern related Bible college or not. That has little to do with whether they'll hold to conservative views or not. 

• Members
31 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Just because one graduates from a Bible college doesn't mean they'll hold conservative views. I know many that went to college with me back in the early 1980s that don't hold conservative views today, whether from a Southern related Bible college or not. That has little to do with whether they'll hold to conservative views or not. 

The Christians College’s are not doing their jobs.

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

TGL, you seem very good at pointing out the negative aspects of Christian individuals, groups and associations, and even seem rather proud of that as implied in another thread "Thank you Jim, I know that my posts many are not things we would like to talk about, and some are very negative, but somebody have to speak out and share the negative".

Identifying the negative is definitely necessary for correction, but aside from just pointing your finger at the problems what are you proactively doing to fix the problems. You say Christian Colleges are not doing their job, and I doubt you'll find any here that will not acknowledge the liberal shift in many of the Christian Universities, but what are you doing about this to make it better? In fact, what are you proactively doing to fix any of the multitudinous negative issues you bring to this forum? Knowing what the failures are is meaningless if you are not making an effort to fix those failures.

Edited by Napsterdad

• Members
1 hour ago, Napsterdad said:

TGL, you seem very good at pointing out the negative aspects of Christian individuals, groups and associations, and even seem rather proud of that as implied in another thread "Thank you Jim, I know that my posts many are not things we would like to talk about, and some are very negative, but somebody have to speak out and share the negative".

Identifying the negative is definitely necessary for correction, but aside from just pointing your finger at the problems what are you proactively doing to fix the problems. You say Christian Colleges are not doing their job, and I doubt you'll find any here that will not acknowledge the liberal shift in many of the Christian Universities, but what are you doing about this to make it better? In fact, what are you proactively doing to fix any of the multitudinous negative issues you bring to this forum? Knowing what the failures are is meaningless if you are not making an effort to fix those failures.

True, I myself cannot do much to fix all these things that I mention, but we do have readers that are in high places. Hopefully they’ll have convictions and take actions. My posts are normally eye-opener’s, and you are correct again, there is very little I can do, for I am just one man. Like throwing a starfish back into the ocean, so it can survive. Maybe just one person that reads, will have a chance. Sometimes, I think about the first apostles,when they had the Task to go out and preach to all nations, them being so few. I’m not a apostle.

• Members
5 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

You can't blame the colleges. It's not their fault even if you do blame them. They can't force people to accept certain positions. TBH, TGL, you have some strange ideology. Each individual is responsible for their own lives and trying to have standards that are Biblical. 

• Members
4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

You can't blame the colleges. It's not their fault even if you do blame them. They can't force people to accept certain positions. TBH, TGL, you have some strange ideology. Each individual is responsible for their own lives and trying to have standards that are Biblical. 

True, I don’t need to go to college to know what is moral or immoral. If I support someone that is supporting abortions, gay marriages, the use of drugs like marijuana. I’m in need of spiritual growth.

• Members
On 11/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, TheGloryLand said:

True, I myself cannot do much to fix all these things that I mention, but we do have readers that are in high places. Hopefully they’ll have convictions and take actions. My posts are normally eye-opener’s, and you are correct again, there is very little I can do, for I am just one man. Like throwing a starfish back into the ocean, so it can survive. Maybe just one person that reads, will have a chance. Sometimes, I think about the first apostles,when they had the Task to go out and preach to all nations, them being so few. I’m not a apostle.

"The first apostles"? Were there more apostles than those identified in the Bible? I believe the days of the apostles are over (for over 1900 years); therefore, no one is an apostle today.

Was Matthew 28:19-20, Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen, written only to the apostles? Or perhaps only to the apostles and those "readers that are in high places. Hopefully they’ll have convictions and take actions"?

Do you have no convictions? It seems apparent that you at least have convictions enough to point out what is wrong with other Christians. Don't you have convictions enough to help them see, and hopefully correct, their errant behavior?  Remember that when your one finger is pointing out error in others, the other three fingers are pointing back at you. 

You may not have a large sphere of influence, but God's sphere is boundless. Edward Kimball ("just one man") shook the world for Christ when he went to buy a pair of shoes (see D.L. Moody).

• Members
36 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

"The first apostles"? Were there more apostles than those identified in the Bible? I believe the days of the apostles are over (for over 1900 years); therefore, no one is an apostle today.

Was Matthew 28:19-20, Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen, written only to the apostles? Or perhaps only to the apostles and those "readers that are in high places. Hopefully they’ll have convictions and take actions"?

Do you have no convictions? It seems apparent that you at least have convictions enough to point out what is wrong with other Christians. Don't you have convictions enough to help them see, and hopefully correct, their errant behavior?  Remember that when your one finger is pointing out error in others, the other three fingers are pointing back at you. 

You may not have a large sphere of influence, but God's sphere is boundless. Edward Kimball ("just one man") shook the world for Christ when he went to buy a pair of shoes (see D.L. Moody).

Thank you for replying, what I was trying to say, it must have been very hard for the first believers. To start sharing the gospel to the World. But not impossible.