Online Baptist Community

Christians that support abortions

TheGloryLand

• Members
6 hours ago, MikeWatson1 said:

Maybe they tick Christian in the religion box but it's not a conviction. Or they are theologically liberal.  I have a relative who is Christian but is a poster boy for the lgbtq movement, promoting the woke agenda among churches.

Sad to hear this, many will fall. They have convinced the lost World, now all they need to do is convince, those religions, those that don’t accept their life styles.

• Members
On 9/27/2022 at 1:35 PM, TheGloryLand said:

Sad to hear this, many will fall. They have convinced the lost World, now all they need to do is convince, those religions, those that don’t accept their life styles.

That is the thing.. it is a LIFESTYLE.  Its a choice . But many make it as if it is who they are.

On 9/27/2022 at 1:35 PM, TheGloryLand said:

If it's a sin.. then it can be fleed from to a large extent.   No one is perfect but if we couldn’t fight this kind of sin ...Jesus wouldn't admonish us not to.

Edited by MikeWatson1
Wording out

• 1 month later...
  • IFB

Just because one calls one's self a Christian, it does not mean that it's true.  Admiring Christ and His teachings don't make you a Christian.  Gandhi admired Christ and His teachings, but he was not a Christian.  Acknowledging Christ as the Son of God does not make you a Christian.  Satan and his demons acknowledged that Jesus is the Son of God, but they are not Christians.  I believe that most people, who claim to be Christians, are not.  They sprinkle some Christian-flavored sprinkles on top of their life, but ignore the vast majority of Jesus' teachings as antiquated or unimportant.

If you do not hold fast to God's word and the teachings of Christ, if you do not strive to follow Him and obey Him and agree with Him about sin and turn from it, I believe that excludes you from being defined as a Christian.

• IFB
4 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Be careful, brother Tony might say you’re tossing a blanket statement. Doesn’t like the word all or most...😇

When Christ says, (Matthew 7:14 KJV)
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”,  the use of the word, “few,” implies most will not.

The word, “all,” is used 4680 times in the KJV and, “most,” is used 132 times.  If someone does not like those words, it is not me they have an issue with.

However, both, “all” and “most,” can be used appropriately or inappropriately.  If I have used either of them inappropriately, I am willing to be corrected.

• Members
12 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

TGL, I think that you will find that there is a vast difference between Scripture using the words "all or most" and individuals using it as their opinion and as a blanket statement. 

Thanks, it is hard for me to tell the difference. I think those that use (blanket statements) on their replies to a post, should not be using that word. I believe these members, should be using Quote, I don’t agree with you. This sounds much better. pug blanket GIF

• IFB
7 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I just spoke to a couple of Christians conservatives that voted for a liberal governor here in Florida, by mail. Are they lost? voting for a person that support abortions, more drug use, of marijuana, and that support gay marriages. 😢 

I don’t think we can discern whether or not they are lost by the information the way that you provided it.  They may have voted without being informed and may not be aware that the candidate holds those positions.

However, if they knew that they were voting for someone who holds those positions, and they are aware that those positions are at variance with God, then I think there is a fair possibility that they are not saved.

I don’t believe that we can know what God says about sin and disagree with Him and still be saved.  I don’t believe we can say, “I know what Your word says, Lord, but I think You’re wrong,” and be saved.

I think we can say, “I don’t understand, Lord,” and be saved, but I don’t believe we can say, “You’re wrong, Lord,” and be saved.

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members
4 hours ago, Brother Stafford said:

I don’t think we can discern whether or not they are lost by the information the way that you provided it.  They may have voted without being informed and may not be aware that the candidate holds those positions.

However, if they knew that they were voting for someone who holds those positions, and they are aware that those positions are at variance with God, then I think there is a fair possibility that they are not saved.

I don’t believe that we can know what God says about sin and disagree with Him and still be saved.  I don’t believe we can say, “I know what Your word says, Lord, but I think You’re wrong,” and be saved.

I think we can say, “I don’t understand, Lord,” and be saved, but I don’t believe we can say, “You’re wrong, Lord,” and be saved.

These that voted liberal are also close relatives to me. It appears that they cannot see. The conservative that is running for governor, still governor, is not an angel, but he does stand firm on conservative views. This may not be enough for many. This is sad, thank you for replying. 

• IFB
13 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

These that voted liberal are also close relatives to me. It appears that they cannot see. The conservative that is running for governor, still governor, is not an angel, but he does stand firm on conservative views. This may not be enough for many. This is sad, thank you for replying. 

We should not be concerned about whether or not someone has “conservative” views or “liberal” views.  We should be concerned about whether or not they have biblical views.

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members
1 minute ago, Brother Stafford said:

We should not be concerned about whether or not someone has “conservative” views or “liberal” views.  We should be concerned about whether or not they have biblical views.

One of them that I mentioned, graduated from Bible college, southern.

• IFB
1 minute ago, TheGloryLand said:

One of them that I mentioned, graduated from Bible college, southern.

People can graduate from Bible colleges and hold unbiblical views.  Men can pastor churches and hold unbiblical views.  
Credentials are pretty meaningless to me.  I’m interested in what an individual actually believes.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Brother Stafford said:

People can graduate from Bible colleges and hold unbiblical views.  Men can pastor churches and hold unbiblical views.  
Credentials are pretty meaningless to me.  I’m interested in what an individual actually believes.

I agree, but sometimes it can be a person very close love one, very close to you or me. They can be lost, if they choose not to see. Not just in voting, but in supporting all Morality.

• Members
12 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I just spoke to a couple of Christians conservatives that voted for a liberal governor here in Florida, by mail. Are they lost? voting for a person that support abortions, more drug use, of marijuana, and that support gay marriages. 😢 

You state that they're "Christians" and then ask if they're "lost" for voting for a liberal governor. Of course they're not lost. Misled maybe, but not lost! Why ask such a question? Voting for a person who doesn't support what most Christians do doesn't negate ones salvation. It may show their lack of growth as a Christian...but Christians aren't perfect. 

• Members
26 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I wonder if the first Christians, voted for king Cesar .

Season 1 King GIF by The Spanish Princess

Roman emperors were not elected. They gained office either by inheritance or by a military coup, with a small few attaining emperor by Senate approval.

Edited by Napsterdad