• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Meet our newest family member

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I don't like big spiders....

About three years or so ago we had the largest spider in our home I have ever personally seen. I could tell by the way my wife called for me that there was a creepy crawly involved! :lol: I certainly wasn't prepared to see the gigantic spider on our curtain covering the picture window in our living room :eek The flyswatter I brought with me suddenly looked very small and feeble as a weapon against this spider!

I hit the spider with the flyswatter for all I was worth and he rebounded off the curtain and began to run across the floor (as did my wife :tum ), I charged after the fleeing spider and hit him hard but yet he didn't die. He turned and staggered towards the couch, a place I absolutely didn't want him to be under! I lunged forward one more time with a powerful downward strike that finally stopped the giant spider in his tracks. :clap:

Never before and never since have I ever seen a spider that huge, thanks be to God! :amen:

• Members

That is so funny. At college one time we had a squirrel get stuck in the wall. He was in there for three days we named him Joshua because he made the walls come down. They had to cut a hole in the wall to get him out.

• Members
That is so funny. At college one time we had a squirrel get stuck in the wall. He was in there for three days we named him Joshua because he made the walls come down. They had to cut a hole in the wall to get him out.

:lol:

A family two blocks away had problems with squirrels getting into their attic and eating through their electrical wires. That was dangerous for the family and home, and not too healthy for a couple of the squirrels either! :tum

• Administrators

About three years or so ago we had the largest spider in our home I have ever personally seen. I could tell by the way my wife called for me that there was a creepy crawly involved! :lol: I certainly wasn't prepared to see the gigantic spider on our curtain covering the picture window in our living room :eek The flyswatter I brought with me suddenly looked very small and feeble as a weapon against this spider!

I hit the spider with the flyswatter for all I was worth and he rebounded off the curtain and began to run across the floor (as did my wife :tum ), I charged after the fleeing spider and hit him hard but yet he didn't die. He turned and staggered towards the couch, a place I absolutely didn't want him to be under! I lunged forward one more time with a powerful downward strike that finally stopped the giant spider in his tracks. :clap:

Never before and never since have I ever seen a spider that huge, thanks be to God! :amen:

:lol::lol::lol:

Did your wife swoon into your arms and breathily say, "My hero?" :lol: That is just funny to picture, John! Thanks for the laugh.

When I was younger, we lived in an oooolllldddd house on a farm. There were only 2 bedrooms on the top floor, so my brothers shared one, and my sister and I the other. There was an attic, also. Not big enough to store things, but...at night we could lay in bed and listen to the animal games up there. No joke - we would here something roll across the floor (like a marble, or maybe an acorn...) and then several little bodies running across the floor in the same direction. We figured they were having relays. It happened just about every night. Of course, there were also the animals in the walls. Didn't like that! If they wanted to be in the attic, I had no problem with that...but I didn't want them coming down the walls into my room!! :eek