• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Covid caught up to me

• Members

I woke up on Sep 7th after having chills the night before. So, today I count as day 9. I'll be glad to get back to my local church, hopefully soon.

I've had all the symptoms, bad headache, bones/joints ached, weariness, loss of smell/taste. It has not been the most pleasant experience. 

• Members
30 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I woke up on Sep 7th after having chills the night before. So, today I count as day 9. I'll be glad to get back to my local church, hopefully soon.

I've had all the symptoms, bad headache, bones/joints ached, weariness, loss of smell/taste. It has not been the most pleasant experience. 

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I can sympathize with you, the covid flu bug went through our entire crew before covid was even identified, it was a doozy.

Luckily two of the days that I was down were days off and the 3 day back at work I was dragging.  Never went to the doc and recovered just fine.

• Members

Praying for you, Brother. I can totally empathize and sympathize with you. Vivian and I have experienced it twice...her with just a few symptoms, and me with near-death experiences both times. We got it the first time in December of 2019 before they could truly identify what it was. Because of this, they couldn't truly treat it. The second time was last year around this time. I lost a lot of weight, and because of the side effects, I lost a lot more. 80 lbs to be exact. I still have what they call long-covid. You're definitely in our prayers here. 

• Members

Praying for you also brother. Indeed I had a terrible bout of flu in 2016 this time of year also. Down for two weeks, hard to breath, chills, aches, hardly could move the entire time and no sense of smell or taste. Worst illness of my life. Come to think of it, I have never had a common cold where I could smell nor taste very well either. Get well soon.

• Members

I was trying to tell the difference between covid 19 and the colds/flu I had before.  I was coughing out of my lungs.. deeper cough.. than before and the experience of having breaks in concentration and feeling down were different than before.  

I pray you recover quickly ? 

• Members

Thanks everyone. If I were to compare it to past flu episodes, I would say it ranked with the worst I've had. But, I only give it that rating because of the severity of the headaches for 2 days.  I'm on my way back and even mowed the grass yesterday and today. Thanks for the prayers.

• Administrators

Just read this - I'm glad you are recovering. My hubs and I had it last winter - and it hung on for weeks. We had a real issue with lethargy after the respiratory stuff cleared up. We were blessed to get some Ivermectin (? ) which helped us.  We also took zinc, drinking it down with tonic water. We drank that for a while even after things cleared up.

• Members
On 9/17/2022 at 2:13 AM, HappyChristian said:

Just read this - I'm glad you are recovering. My hubs and I had it last winter - and it hung on for weeks. We had a real issue with lethargy after the respiratory stuff cleared up. We were blessed to get some Ivermectin (? ) which helped us.  We also took zinc, drinking it down with tonic water. We drank that for a while even after things cleared up.

Thanks. I feel fine now. A little cough with some congestion is all I have. I've mowed yard, taken down the tomato plants, cleaned the grill, and just a little weariness after exertion. 

• Members
9 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Thanks. I feel fine now. A little cough with some congestion is all I have. I've mowed yard, taken down the tomato plants, cleaned the grill, and just a little weariness after exertion. 

Amen, brother. Good to hear you're on the mend. I had it in May '21. As an asthmatic I was a little concerned when, after several days, my blood oxygen wouldn't climb higher than 87. Because of all the hype I went to the hospital, but that was a waste of time and money. They kept me over night for monitoring then sent me home with a new prescription. For me and my family it really hasn't registered any worse than a typical flu (except son lost taste for about 6 months). We do have a pretty healthy diet (plenty of C and D3) and are relatively active. I believe that helps.

As an aside we need an "AMEN" or "Answer to prayer" reaction emoji. That would have been more appropriate than the "Like" I gave your post.

• Members
On 9/20/2022 at 6:53 AM, Napsterdad said:

Amen, brother. Good to hear you're on the mend. I had it in May '21. As an asthmatic I was a little concerned when, after several days, my blood oxygen wouldn't climb higher than 87. Because of all the hype I went to the hospital, but that was a waste of time and money. They kept me over night for monitoring then sent me home with a new prescription. For me and my family it really hasn't registered any worse than a typical flu (except son lost taste for about 6 months). We do have a pretty healthy diet (plenty of C and D3) and are relatively active. I believe that helps.

As an aside we need an "AMEN" or "Answer to prayer" reaction emoji. That would have been more appropriate than the "Like" I gave your post.

Thanks brother. I attended prayer meeting yesterday evening for the first time since Sep 4. Yes, an AMEN and Answered Prayer emoji would be nice. Thanks to all who prayed for me. I thank God for the bodies He gave us, able to heal itself from the nasty diseases and maladies we've brought on ourselves after the fall. 

Revelation 21:4   And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Revelation 22:3   And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 

NO MORE! AMEN!

• 8 months later...
  • Members
On 9/15/2022 at 9:48 AM, 1Timothy115 said:

It looks like a few here have learned to eat and drink what is needed for better health.   

Somewhere before 1944 doctors realized and some published that if someone has all the minerals a body needs,  then the person with all the minerals a body needs is not in illness - the person with an illness is lacking something,  and if they find out in time what is needed and get it,  they are soon enough well again,  God Be Praised. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

It looks like a few here have learned to eat and drink what is needed for better health.   

Somewhere before 1944 doctors realized and some published that if someone has all the minerals a body needs,  then the person with all the minerals a body needs is not in illness - the person with an illness is lacking something,  and if they find out in time what is needed and get it,  they are soon enough well again,  God Be Praised. 

Many people who have been "healthy as a horse" have caught Covid, the flu, and other diseases. Having all the vitamins and minerals is no guarantee of health. Sorry, I don't buy your analysis of the situation. I have enough family in the health and pharmaceutical industries to know better.

• Members

Vitamin D has been proven to help prevent the "Cytokine Storm" of COVID which is what really kills people but you need to have it built up in you system you can't wait until you get sick. Although, with my uncle who has Lou Gehrig's Disease, they gave him massive dosage of it when he had COVID.

Apparently, Zinc helps too. Somehow it helps prevent the spike from injecting the cell. They recommend taking Quercetin with it to help the body to absorb zinc.

I had COVID (the Delta strain) really bad but nothing since that time. My quadruple vaxxed sister has had COVID three times.

• Members
19 hours ago, SureWord said:

Vitamin D has been proven to help prevent the "Cytokine Storm" of COVID which is what really kills people but you need to have it built up in you system you can't wait until you get sick. Although, with my uncle who has Lou Gehrig's Disease, they gave him massive dosage of it when he had COVID.

Apparently, Zinc helps too. Somehow it helps prevent the spike from injecting the cell. They recommend taking Quercetin with it to help the body to absorb zinc.

I had COVID (the Delta strain) really bad but nothing since that time. My quadruple vaxxed sister has had COVID three times.

I have been taken vitamin D everyday for around 4 years now. It uses to be always read in too low. It’s cheap and over the counter, no prescription needed. 2000 U   Thanks for sharing.