• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Affordable online learning IB Colleges USA

Guest Ann B

Hello,

I hope this discussion thread may be helpful to others who hold a similar desire to pursue Bible College studies but distance contravenes.

I am prayerfully considering studying with an IB Bible College held in America. My home-base is Aus, so flexible online study would be optimal.  I've researched a couple of colleges, but would love to hear others input and recommendations for colleges offering distance learning. I do love hearing others' stories, if you have studied and graduated already. But am really looking at affordability and then from there , will help me narrow my options down.

So grateful for this online forum! Love seeing many open discussions.

From a sister in Christ,

Ann B

• Members

Hi Tony yes the top 5 affordable for distance learning so far:

Florida Baptist College

BMA Seminary (Texas)

Texas Baptist College

Independent Baptist Online College (Non accredited)

Berean Bible Institute (California) however non-accredited also

The list has been narrowed down a lot because of cost even though a lot of them have been very appealing.

Perfect, Maranatha Baptist Uni looks good and has high acceptance rate. I've added that to my list now too.

Cheers,

A

• Members

If you're looking for accredited colleges, most are going to be cost prohibitive, IMHO. But, many will let a person work at a reasonable pace. Years ago I had started my degree through Baptist University of America in Kokomo, IN. Because of several "happenings" in our lives, I had to lay that down for a while. I have had several friends go through there, and their work is college leve work, though many people don't accept this as a "legitimate" college because of their unaccredited status. It might be something to check into as well. I've considered picking my studies back up there in the near future. 

• Members

Wow yes, It's a really big decision..With the time spent, effort and financial planning. I'd have to really weigh up and expect to pay more at an accredited College. But that's ok.

Also I think there is a bit more flexibility for example swapping completed credits to another recognised college if the student wanted to change.

Those are some good thoughts I'll take them into account !