• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why are they going to burn all the bibles

• Members

In the end times, I believe these verses, could be the reason why all Bibles, will be burned to the ground.

Gen.2

1. [24] Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
  2. [25] And they were both naked, the man and hiswife, and were not ashamed
Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members
15 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Could you please explain your reasoning behind this? Am I missing something? 

The LGBTQ and other letters, are on this mission of changing the meaning of marriage. The Bible, is in their way, it’s surprise me, that you can’t see very far. Yes, you are missing something. 

• Members
9 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

The LGBTQ and other letters, are on this mission of changing the meaning of marriage. The Bible, is in their way, it’s surprise me, that you can’t see very far. Yes, you are missing something. 

I don't see this at all. The reasoning behind this statement is a blanket statement, and a huge presumption on your part. There is nothing to back this statement up factually, scripturally, or in any other fashion. You're definitely welcome to your belief that this is going to happen. It's true that the LGBTQ+ community are against Scriptural living, but, I don't, and I'm sure others here don't follow your line of thought on this.

• Members
4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I don't see this at all. The reasoning behind this statement is a blanket statement, and a huge presumption on your part. There is nothing to back this statement up factually, scripturally, or in any other fashion. You're definitely welcome to your belief that this is going to happen. It's true that the LGBTQ+ community are against Scriptural living, but, I don't, and I'm sure others here don't follow your line of thought on this.

Here’s a interesting article.

https://religionandpolitics.org/2021/08/17/new-research-suggests-christians-see-lgbt-progress-as-threatening/

• Members
18 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Though the article makes some good observations, it in now way backs your assertion that they will be "burning all the Bibles." Many in the LGBTQ+ community read and study the Bible. I know of many myself who do this, including two relatives. I hate to say it, but outside of being gay/lesbian, they live lives closer to Christianity than most heterosexual Christians I know. Sad, but true. 

• Members
43 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Though the article makes some good observations, it in now way backs your assertion that they will be "burning all the Bibles." Many in the LGBTQ+ community read and study the Bible. I know of many myself who do this, including two relatives. I hate to say it, but outside of being gay/lesbian, they live lives closer to Christianity than most heterosexual Christians I know. Sad, but true. 

Do you support this type of life styles. That the church should stay out of their personal business.

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Do you support this type of life styles

Not at all. I couldn't have been a minister of the Gospel and support such things. Yet, I do know how to love the sinner and hate the sin. I believe this is shown to be a practice by Christ...woman at the well, the woman taken in adultery, etc. 

. That the church should stay out of their personal business.

The church should never stay out of their "personal business" when it comes to sin. It should be pointed out and rebuked. Yet, there are ways to do that without being so overly offensive a person drives these people away from the Gospel. 

• Members

At certain times in church history, under certain rulers, there were Bibles burned - but there are no prophecies that there will be a determined effort to do this in the endtimes. In fact, with all the modern versions out there, I think truly evil religious people (like apostates, false brethren, etc.) will probably just continue to print their watered down or corrupted Bibles, rather than destroy all existing Bibles. Even so, we know that God will preserve His Word, not just in Heaven but on earth, so no concerted efforts of evil man and the demonic spirits behind them could ever destroy all of God's Word. If they do physically destroy a lot of paper Bibles, there is now still so many electronic Bibles that they would also need to destroy all computers and electronic devices to achieve that goal.

• Members
18 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

TGL, the scriptures you quoted have nothing to do with burning bibles; that is where the confusion comes in.

True, maybe the title should’ve been, the modern liberals, that will try to remove,and change God’s Word. During the end times. First they must blind and convince the public crowd, than the harder Christians. 

• Members

After I posted earlier, I thought of this passage:

Amos 8:11-12 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

I think a lot of professing Christendom (those who will not look into the actual preserved Word of God) will run around looking for God to speak to them, but to no avail.

• Members
On 9/13/2022 at 11:46 AM, Jerry said:

If they do physically destroy a lot of paper Bibles, there is now still so many electronic Bibles that they would also need to destroy all computers and electronic devices to achieve that goal.

This brings to mind ‘Foxes Book of Martyrs’ of burning Christians at the stake and Bibles burnt in piles.

In our times an electric power outage for days and weeks could be the equivalent of a Bible burning.

I’m thinking paper Bibles along with Strongs Concordance, no batteries needed, the best backup.

• 2 months later...