• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Trusting in the Stock Market

• Members

We, in being born again Christians, we put our trust in Jesus. Living in this World today, we put our life savings in the stock market, hoping for the best, when we are ready for retirement. What does the bible says, regarding this. The stock market… 9.5.2022

image.thumb.jpeg.f428506a357a19adf526ad7f154be8d4.jpeg

• Members

There's nothing wrong with people putting their money for retirement into the stock market, mutual funds, savings accounts, IRA's, 401K's, or anywhere they choose. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're trusting in these vehicles. There is always an element of risk in anything one puts their money into, Christian or not. People have to try and save for their retirement somehow. It doesn't negate their faith in God. As long as their love isn't towards the money and they realize that their faith is in God and not in their material wealth, they're not doing anything wrong.  

• Members
9 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

The man that stored much, and said, now, I will live, and enjoy my goods. He didn’t have a good ending. Could this mean that we are not to save, for tomorrow?

There seemed to be a rod of pride in what he was saying. He didn't, at least in the passage you're speaking of, put God into the equation in any way, shape, or form. He continually was saying "I" have done this...not God has done this. Sounds a lot like the adversary did before he was cast out of heaven..."I will be like the most high!" 

• Members
4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

There seemed to be a rod of pride in what he was saying. He didn't, at least in the passage you're speaking of, put God into the equation in any way, shape, or form. He continually was saying "I" have done this...not God has done this. Sounds a lot like the adversary did before he was cast out of heaven..."I will be like the most high!" 

Is the stock market a type of gambling. We Christians, don’t have a saying many times. Our employers, like any government jobs. They make it part of the jobs benefits. It reminds me of Christians that play Lottery. This is a different subject.

• Members
14 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Is the stock market a type of gambling. We Christians, don’t have a saying many times. Our employers, like any government jobs. They make it part of the jobs benefits. It reminds me of Christians that play Lottery. This is a different subject.

All investing is a type of "gambling." There are right and wrong ways to invest using sound principles and unsound. One has to watch the markets, and know the risks. But, it's the same way with everything in life. Going to work in the mornings is a gamble. When you get in your car to drive to work, you're gambling that you'll make it. Anything can happen. The word "gamble" doesn't necessarily infer something bad, though today the profession of gambling is bad, ensnaring many souls. The "lottery" is a clear form of gambling where the participants have a very slim possibility of winning. That is a foolish risk to take. Investing for ones future is not. 

• Members

The company I worked for before retirement had a 401K. Which they would match funds up to a certain amount of what I put in monthly. The company had a portfolio of investment options designed wholly upon business divisions within that company. 

Since retiring, I've taken that 401 and rolled it into a personal IRA at a local bank (non ESG). So the stock market is totally out of the picture but, I don't lose the initial investment.

I've moved all my accounts from checking and savings from large national banks because of the trend to be ESG (environmental-social-governance) scoring. I moved my accounts to a small local community bank; they have all the conveniences of the larger national banks.

You should do some research on ESG and see if your bank promotes it. ESG involves support for green/climate effort, acceptance of LGBTQ++ agenda, and training their employees to accept it; then, refusing loans to people and businesses against it.

Edited by 1Timothy115

• Members
5 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

The company I worked for before retirement had a 401K. Which they would match funds up to a certain amount of what I put in monthly. The company had a portfolio of investment options designed wholly upon business divisions within that company. 

Since retiring, I've taken that 401 and rolled it into a personal IRA at a local bank (non ESG). So the stock market is totally out of the picture but, I don't lose the initial investment.

I've moved all my accounts from checking and savings from large national banks because of the trend to be ESG (environmental-social-governance) scoring. I moved my accounts to a small local community bank; they have all the conveniences of the larger national banks.

You should do some research on ESG and see if your bank promotes it. ESG involves support for green/climate effort, acceptance of LGBTQ++ agenda, and training their employees to accept it; then, refusing loans to people and businesses against it.

Thanks you for the information given. Regarding your quote, on those that are involved, will be supporting green/climate effort, acceptance of LGBTQ++ agenda, and training their employees to accept it. I believe this is happening every where, all jobs, those that are not Christian jobs. All companies that want tax breaks, or credits, will need to accept it. Sad to say, but Christianity has lost their popularity, even when it comes to hiring new employees, for many have given it is a bad name. We will not fill this pain, those that are over 60 years old, as much as our children will feel  it, and Many of our children will except it. This New life style, I called them, the new liberal Christians. These are those that turn their heads when they talk about abortions, or gay marriages, and vote for liberal presidents. We are living in trouble times.

Edited by TheGloryLand
Spelling

• Members
On 9/10/2022 at 6:53 AM, TheGloryLand said:

Thanks you for the information given. Regarding your quote, on those that are involved, will be supporting green/climate effort, acceptance of LGBTQ++ agenda, and training their employees to accept it. I believe this is happening every where, all jobs, those that are not Christian jobs. All companies that want tax breaks, or credits, will need to accept it. Sad to say, but Christianity has lost their popularity, even when it comes to hiring new employees, for many have given it is a bad name. We will not fill this pain, those that are over 60 years old, as much as our children will feel  it, and Many of our children will except it. This New life style, I called them, the new liberal Christians. These are those that turn their heads when they talk about abortions, or gay marriages, and vote for liberal presidents. We are living in trouble times.

Sadly, much of what you've said is true.

• Members
1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Sadly, much of what you've said is true.

I know born again Christians, that voted for a liberal president, that supports abortions, and gay marriages. They hated the president, that supports Christian values. You know who I am talking about. He did have a big mouth, that got in trouble many times. Like many here would say I have.