• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Southern Baptist church versus Catholics

• Members
On 8/20/2022 at 11:39 AM, BrotherTony said:

And? Ronnie Floyd isn't the "end all" truth of the SBC. In fact, he's quite in question with many churches who give to the cooperative, which, at this point, many are not. Many are withholding funds or directing them to certain entities within the cooperative, such as the Annie Armstrong offering for missions. Many have stopped giving to the NAMB, Lifeway, the ERLC, and the IMB because of complications and inconsistancies within these organizations, and the problems with the leaders of these entities. 

There is no compulsion to give, in spite of Mr. Floyds plea. These churches remain autonomous churches regardless of what Mr. Floyd, you, or anybody else says. No entity controls any of these churches, and they don't give account to a corporate head. As I've stated many times here, the "Convention" is only in an active state during the meetings each year to vote for the president and other offices. The president is nothing more than one to try and steer the group of churches toward a certain mission, but he has no real influence over any of the churches but his own if he is a pastor. 

Actually, they are. And if you've not been a part of the SBC, you don't get anything. Sorry to be so blunt, but I'm tired of the continual bashing of the SBC, and frankly the IFB as well. It's counterproductive to the work of the Lord. 

So, I've asked you both politely to stop before. I'm not a mod or admin, just an observer. You don't have to be SBC to read convention literature. That's all I'm going to say on the matter...I'm done, and I hope you two are done.

On 8/20/2022 at 1:27 PM, TheGloryLand said:

Needs to be elsewhere, where?

Personal notes between the two of you.

• Members
2 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

So, I've asked you both politely to stop before. I'm not a mod or admin, just an observer. You don't have to be SBC to read convention literature. That's all I'm going to say on the matter...I'm done, and I hope you two are done.

Personal notes between the two of you.

And I've asked people to stop disparaging the churches in the SBC. Doesn't seem to take. This is a discussion board, and this has become a part of the discussion. I'm well aware that "convention" literature is readily available to all who seek it. I also know that there are many different forms of that literature, and different views posted within the convention websites. I would appreciate it if both you, Morales, and others who don't have an inkling of what goes on in the convention to keep your disparaging remarks to yourself. As stated, the churches that associate together and with the SBC are all autonomous, independent  Baptist churches. Thanks. 

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

And I've asked people to stop disparaging the churches in the SBC. Doesn't seem to take. This is a discussion board, and this has become a part of the discussion. I'm well aware that "convention" literature is readily available to all who seek it. I also know that there are many different forms of that literature, and different views posted within the convention websites. I would appreciate it if both you, Morales, and others who don't have an inkling of what goes on in the convention to keep your disparaging remarks to yourself. As stated, the churches that associate together and with the SBC are all autonomous, independent  Baptist churches. Thanks. 

I don’t have any problem with the SBC, I visited Southern Baptist Churches for many years. I will stop posting new topics, of them being Independent or not.