• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Turning Over In [Theirs] Graves

• Members

Seems to be 'This is my life, my choice, and YOU can't stop me in any way from doing what I want.'  

You could almost get away with that thinking as an adult, (i say almost) because then you are expected to make your own choices. But toddler age kids are now getting taught to think this way too.

• Members
On 7/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, BrotherTony said:

Believe me, having been on this campus a couple of times in the past, this is far from a "Christian" college. They may use the term "Christian," but I saw no evidence of it. 

Methodism may be headed for a train wreck.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:54 PM, MikeWatson1 said:

Seems to be 'This is my life, my choice, and YOU can't stop me in any way from doing what I want.'  

You could almost get away with that thinking as an adult, (i say almost) because then you are expected to make your own choices. But toddler age kids are now getting taught to think this way too.

There were some who I heard say, "as long as they leave me alone, I don't care what they do." Sadly, I never challenged that line of reasoning. Now, fifty years later I regret not speaking out. Non-actions can have consequences (bad outcomes) too.

• Members
1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Methodism may be headed for a train wreck.

There were some who I heard say, "as long as they leave me alone, I don't care what they do." Sadly, I never challenged that line of reasoning. Now, fifty years later I regret not speaking out. Non-actions can have consequences (bad outcomes) too.

I believe the Methodists have been heading that way for a while now. I know my great uncle, who was a pastor and evangelist with the Methodists decried the policies of the denomination. He saw the turn from the Gospel to the acceptance of things that no church should accept. Thankfully he was retired by then. He would definitely turn over in his grave if he were to see what was going on with them today. 

• Members
3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I believe the Methodists have been heading that way for a while now. I know my great uncle, who was a pastor and evangelist with the Methodists decried the policies of the denomination. He saw the turn from the Gospel to the acceptance of things that no church should accept. Thankfully he was retired by then. He would definitely turn over in his grave if he were to see what was going on with them today. 

Sadly true, my sister attends a Methodist Church.

• Members

I was a methodist mainly from being bought up in it and then through till my early 20s. 

I remember seeing a methodist newsletter called Touchstone here in NZ and they had a piece where they were incorporating the Dalai lamas teachings into their doctrine.  Being open to mystism.  That was back in around late 90s to early 2000s

Edited by MikeWatson1

• Members
On 7/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, 1Timothy115 said:

I would imagine the Wesleys are right now.

'Christian' college now giving students pronoun options

Can pick from: 'He/Him/His, She/Her/Hers, They/Them/Theirs, Xie/Hir/Hirs and Ze/Zir/Zirs'

That’s part of the LGBTQXYZ Community. If you can’t beat them, join them, something like that. You will get more sponsors and money if you just blend in. Or Sell Out

• Members
6 hours ago, MikeWatson1 said:

I was a methodist mainly from being bought up in it and then through till my early 20s. 

I remember seeing a methodist newsletter called Touchstone here in NZ and they had a piece where they were incorporating the Dalai lamas teachings into their doctrine.  Being open to mystism.  That was back in around late 90s to early 2000s

All this considered, we need to be careful to remember God's grace we are not overcome in our own local church. 

1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

That’s part of the LGBTQXYZ Community. If you can’t beat them, join them, something like that. You will get more sponsors and money if you just blend in. Or Sell Out

Selling out is very accurate.