• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bringing back the real meaning of the rainbow

Go to solution Solved by 1Timothy115,

• Members
7 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Too late...The Lord of Glory has claim to this one now.

He had and still does have claim to the old one. That won't change, no matter what perverted group of humans tries to hijack it. There will always be a remnant that remembers where it originated. 

• Members
10 hours ago, Jerry said:

The one in Revelation 4 is a complete circle, not an arc. All around the throne.

I don't know that to be a sure thing, Jerry. That brings a nice picture of completeness to mind.

I'll know better when all the Greek is digested or, if it is always present, when I get there. I had never seen a circular rainbow before. You'll give me a little liberty on my rainbow, I hope? 

• Members

Yes, you certainly can disagree or have a somewhat different opinion on this subject. There is not a lot in the passage to define it.

Though I agree - on earth, there has never (to my knowledge) been a circular rainbow - but this is something in heaven, and it is around a throne, not viewed in the sky - so perhaps that explains why it might be portrayed differently (from my understanding of the passage). Whether a symbol or a physical/spiritual reality (which I believe it is), it is a complete rainbow or circle surrounding the throne, implying that all that the person on the throne does is in accordance with what the rainbow symbolizes: mercy on man, mercy in the midst of judgement.

Habakkuk 3:2 O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.

Psalm 85:10 Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

• Members

Scientifically speaking, all rainbows are circular, it's just that they don't always form completely because the ground interferes, or the conditions are not right to allow the entire formation. Here are a couple of videos that show a complete rainbow, one has the scientific explanation. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 8/17/2022 at 1:36 AM, Rebecca said:

Scientifically speaking, all rainbows are circular, it's just that they don't always form completely because the ground interferes, or the conditions are not right to allow the entire formation. Here are a couple of videos that show a complete rainbow, one has the scientific explanation. 

I appreciate you finding this. I can still keep my emerald rainbow from an 'earthly horizon' point of view, until I meet Christ in the air. 1 Corinthians 13:10 "But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away."

Edited by 1Timothy115