• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bringing back the real meaning of the rainbow

Go to solution Solved by 1Timothy115,

• Members

I'm not so sure you're correct on that, Morales. The Bible gives the rainbow as a sign of a promise to mankind. Christians know what it means, and they still hold to what God gave the sign as. Nothing that the Lord gives as a promise will ever be overrun by the world on a complete and permanent basis. The world may seem to have a current hold on this sign, but, the Lord is the one who will ultimately decide whether the world will keep it or not. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

I'm not so sure you're correct on that, Morales. The Bible gives the rainbow as a sign of a promise to mankind. Christians know what it means, and they still hold to what God gave the sign as. Nothing that the Lord gives as a promise will ever be overrun by the world on a complete and permanent basis. The world may seem to have a current hold on this sign, but, the Lord is the one who will ultimately decide whether the world will keep it or not. 

That's true, God will always have His meaning of it that can't be taken away. 

Guess the problem here in NZ is that some churches use it that want to be affirming to the lgbtq crowd.

• Members
5 hours ago, MikeWatson1 said:

That's true, God will always have His meaning of it that can't be taken away. 

Guess the problem here in NZ is that some churches use it that want to be affirming to the lgbtq crowd.

It's sad, but this is true almost everywhere these days. It's infiltrated nearly every facet of our society. 

• Administrators

One of our church members lives in an independent living place. She gets so upset when "pride" month comes along because they really push it there. So she had me run off a copy of a meme that has a hand grabbing a rainbow and it says, "The LORD says Nope! This is mine. Give it back." 

She posted it on her door last year, and it mysteriously disappeared. So I got her another one. She didn't say anything about this year, so maybe it helped. lol

• Members

I heard someone say that if we got a cap or t-shirt with the real meaning, we would be playing into the lgbtq crowds hands.  Because it would be a war of ideas, and then I guess we would be flooded again with rainbows of the other meaning... again..

• Members
2 hours ago, MikeWatson1 said:

I heard someone say that if we got a cap or t-shirt with the real meaning, we would be playing into the lgbtq crowds hands.  Because it would be a war of ideas, and then I guess we would be flooded again with rainbows of the other meaning... again..

That's usually their intention. Because this subject came up in a thread on another venue, and because i quoted some Scripture, an also posted how God didn't put people into the wrong body, or make them "born that way," my niece and her husband got upset and cut ties with us. It doesn't affect the way I feel about them, but, it does make me wonder how they claim to be Christians and support this ideology. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

That's usually their intention. Because this subject came up in a thread on another venue, and because i quoted some Scripture, an also posted how God didn't put people into the wrong body, or make them "born that way," my niece and her husband got upset and cut ties with us. It doesn't affect the way I feel about them, but, it does make me wonder how they claim to be Christians and support this ideology. 

Yeah I understand that.  I know people who post in another site who promote it and feel tempted to comment on it, but know it would lead to all kinds of trouble.

• Members
On 8/1/2022 at 8:29 AM, 1Timothy115 said:

God will set the abusers right concerning the meaning of the flood rainbow. I've decided to look toward another.  

Emerald Rainbow.jpg

Oh yeah.. this meaning.  I had overlooked Revelation in favour of looking at Genesis.  This is really good.