• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"revival" in Lakeland, Fl

Guest Guest

This is very serious business. All I can think of is Jim Jones and his "fatal" coolaide. This type of stuff always starts out small...then, Satan really swoops in there...and, you have a mass murder on the horizon. We IFB's need to stand up for the truth. :Bible: I get exhausted sitting back... just watching this abomination and tragedy. You are right :ideas: ...people love to actually "see" things. They won't walk by faith...but, by sight. Very heartbreaking news. :sad

candlelight

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

[quote="Alimantado"][quote="deputydog530"]Heard he kicked a lady in the face to heal her.[/quote]

Perhaps he was only offering to 'heel' her.[/quote]

:loll: I wish they would see this (or feel it). :thumb

candlelight

Guest Guest

[quote="IM4given"]Most of the people of Florida do not even know who God really is and they chase after every false prophet that comes down here for a vacation, it seems. Yet, when you present them with the true gospel, you hurt their feelings because they don't want to give up their sinful ways and follow Jesus![/quote]

Yes, I say we vote Florida out of the Union! Southern scum...

:ideas:

• Members

[quote="Vir Decimus"][quote="IM4given"]Most of the people of Florida do not even know who God really is and they chase after every false prophet that comes down here for a vacation, it seems. Yet, when you present them with the true gospel, you hurt their feelings because they don't want to give up their sinful ways and follow Jesus![/quote]

Yes, I say we vote Florida out of the Union! Southern scum...

:ideas:[/quote]

we are not the "lightening capital of the country" for no reason!

I think Florida would be a wonderful mission field - although very tough! We have some good people here, but very much outnumbered.

• Administrators

This really is sad! People are so hungry for the spiritual, and are so ready to be duped by anybody! False propets like these are all over, and it is sad when they gain such a following and become so prominent...it just brings more people in!

Guest Guest
He's just making sure we "toe" the line. :frog

And...who said Baptists were no fun!? I have more fun as an IFB than I ever did before. You guys are a trip! Did he trip her, then...put his foot down? :foot: Sorry, I will stop now. :loco

candlelight

• Members

Having a large circle of Christian friends myself (ranging from Baptist, Methodist, Church of God, Non-Denominational, Charismatic, etc.) I've been hearing about this revival for several months now. And let me tell you this: This revival is attracting people from all denominations--not just charismatics.

In fact, the only condemnation I've heard of this movement so far has been from charismatics. I attended a service at a local non-denominational charismatic congregation a few weeks ago. The pastor began his sermon by addressing the "revival" in Lakeland, and by pointing out that it was nothing but a bunch of Satanic, new-age garbage, that it was dangerous, and that Todd Bentley was a false prophet. His sermon itself was an old-fashioned gospel message, and a call for people to stop seeking after signs, wonders, and miracles, and to instead return to their first love: Jesus Christ. He continued expounding on this and the sermon ended up being a call to refocus ourselves (as the body of Christ) on winning souls to Jesus Christ, because there is no greater sign or wonder than the salvation of souls--you can die with cancer and still go to heaven, but even if you are miraculously healed of cancer, you will still go to hell if you die unsaved.

Sadly, there's far too many churches out there who fail to realize that the salvation of a single soul is far better than millions of miraculous healings.

The other congregation I know of that is aware of the revival in Lakeland is a local Church of God. The youth there, who are extremely devoted to God (probably one of the most "on fire" youth groups I've ever met), are so eager to see revival that I was worried that some of them may be easily swayed by this so-called "move of God" in Florida. Sure enough, some of them had bought into it. I spoke to the youth pastor (who I am good friends with) and told him about the Lakeland Revival, and I believe he has spoken to them about it. I've also talked to two girls from that youth group who did indeed go to Lakeland, and they both told me that when they got there, their whole perception had changed; They said that most of the people there seemed off, and that their spirits were deeply troubled, and they had felt no peace. Praise God that they had such discernment.

At the local Baptists and IFB churches, though, no one [leadership wise] seems to be talking about it. I've sat through several sermons recently at my old IFB church, but no mention of Lakeland. While it may not seem like a topic worth discussing, I think it is; People of all denominations are being sucked into this thing (the devil is crafty, and he doesn't just go after one denomination or group), and I think it would be prudent to warn people of Todd Bentley.

So I'm glad to see this being discussed here, and I encourage all of you to spread the truth about Todd Bentley. Go look up some of his videos on YouTube. You will see some very disturbing things.