• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hand Scanners/Palm Readers

• Members

Value Village, a local second hand store in Abbotsford, BC, just added new Palm reader scanners to their self checkout lanes. My local store just built these within the last week or so. My nephew thought they were some kind of readers for smart watches, but I asked the clerk and she said they were palm readers. However, if the customers (who are of all different ages and sizes) were to put their wrists by the part indicated, the small square scanning area could not scan their whole palm, as the center of people's hands would not all be in the same place (due to varying hand sizes). Though a chip could be read as long as it was near the proximity of the scanner.

Maybe we are even closer than we think to the Lord's return for His own, and the rise of the Antichrist.

The picture is one I took myself. Sorry if it was not the best view, but this scanner was behind something else on the counter and it was hard to get a good picture from that angle on my phone.

thumbnail_IMG_1604.jpg

• Members

Jerry, you're correct. I believe they are being put to use so that in the future the ability to read a chip placed in the hand will be possible. My mother was issued a credit card by her bank, and they wanted her to submit to a biometric sample to be stored on the card. If she didn't she would have to issue  paper checks, or use her old debit/credit cards until they expired. Then she would have to either submit, according to the bank, to biometrics, or lose her ability to bank by card. So far, she's been issued a new card with no biometrics added. I know in Wisconsin and Minnesota, friends and relatives of mine have had to be chipped for paying and identification through their jobs They were all to happy to do this for security and convenience. I wish they hadn't. So far the codes on these "chips" has been very limited, but I totally believe there is a chip coming with more information available on them, and will be pushed, and pushed hard by employers and government entites. I know the idea has been floated here in Tennessee, but so far, without success. My mother lives in Illinois...but, my cousins live in Minnesota, and a majority of the friends who have submitted to this proceeducre live in Wisconsin. They say there is nothing to it, and that it's easier than carrying their medical and financial data around with them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The signs of the times and the fulfillment of Bible prophecy does not freak me out. It offers comfort and assurance that the Lord's return is even sooner than many realize. Seeing things like this are an impetus to reach out to others and share the Gospel with them, as well as make them aware of how close we are.

• Members

Hugh, it's hard to freak out knowing this bring the return of Jesus Christ for the church that much closer. We need to be giving the gospel to everybody we can while there is still time. My mother, at 79 years old, is still giving out the gospel daily to those in the complex where she lives. Many of the people who live in the high rise go with her to church every Sunday, and several have been saved over the past few years before going on to be with the Lord. She uses the kinds of things to bring forth the gospel to those in that high rise. Praise the Lord we have this ministry! 

• Members

There are many that are alarmed - though many others do not believe or understand what is going on so don't really care or perhaps think this advancement in technology is a good thing.

• Members

I think another alarm is the teaching of the lgbtq rights and sexuality to toddlers.

I saw Nikelodeon advertising all the different kinds of orientations in the 'rainbow' through a song from a drag queen. 

You've also got preschool teachers indoctrinated by this and spouting their views probably at the expense of numbers and literacy learning.

Oh... I was 360watt.

Edited by MikeWatson1