• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

CRU What do we know about it?

• Members

I sure would like for input about this organization from OB.  Didn't this used to be 'Campus Crusade For Christ'?  I believe it's hooked up with the Prebyterians who except homosexual marriage, is that true?

Please help, as a board member, considering to support a graduate from college (attends our local church) I need to know some quick facts.

Thanks,
Dave

• Members
5 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I sure would like for input about this organization from OB.  Didn't this used to be 'Campus Crusade For Christ'?  I believe it's hooked up with the Prebyterians who except homosexual marriage, is that true?

Please help, as a board member, considering to support a graduate from college (attends our local church) I need to know some quick facts.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, my nephew-in-law and neice used to be with Campus Crusade for Christ. He was the director for the group at Augusta State University in Augusta, GA. He hasn't been with them for several years now, but I do know that there were many of the "woke" ideologies creeping in. He and my niece are Presbyterian. I don't know for a fact that their church accepts homosexual marriage. In fact their doctrinal statement declares that they stand for the Biblical principal of and teaching of marriage being between one man and one woman. So, I don't know that the information you have is correct. I've attended several Presbyterian churches, and none of them have been accepting of homosexual marriage. Do they love the sinner and hate the sin, trying to reach them for Christ? Yes. Just as one can't lump Baptist churches who accept this abomination in with those that don't, one can't lump all Presbyterian churches or Campus Crusade for Christ, now CRU, into one group. Not all hold to that. 

• Members
15 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Dave, my nephew-in-law and neice used to be with Campus Crusade for Christ. He was the director for the group at Augusta State University in Augusta, GA. He hasn't been with them for several years now, but I do know that there were many of the "woke" ideologies creeping in. He and my niece are Presbyterian. I don't know for a fact that their church accepts homosexual marriage. In fact their doctrinal statement declares that they stand for the Biblical principal of and teaching of marriage being between one man and one woman. So, I don't know that the information you have is correct. I've attended several Presbyterian churches, and none of them have been accepting of homosexual marriage. Do they love the sinner and hate the sin, trying to reach them for Christ? Yes. Just as one can't lump Baptist churches who accept this abomination in with those that don't, one can't lump all Presbyterian churches or Campus Crusade for Christ, now CRU, into one group. Not all hold to that. 

Thank you for the information and thoughts. I continue to seek counsel for this is important consideration.

I will mention that homosexuality is/was accepted by the Presbeterian Church of America (PCA) in 2018

However, as of today, they have rescinded the practice of homosexual clergy in the PCA.

Also, not all 'Presbyterian churches agreed with the 2017-2018 decision and broke with the PCA which I've noticed on their signs "Non-PCA-Church".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 6/22/2022 at 2:36 PM, 1Timothy115 said:

Thank you for the information and thoughts. I continue to seek counsel for this is important consideration.

I will mention that homosexuality is/was accepted by the Presbeterian Church of America (PCA) in 2018

However, as of today, they have rescinded the practice of homosexual clergy in the PCA.

Also, not all 'Presbyterian churches agreed with the 2017-2018 decision and broke with the PCA which I've noticed on their signs "Non-PCA-Church".

I know for a fact that it was never accepted in the church where my niece and NIL are.