• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

TGL How can I be a better person here

Go to solution Solved by OLD fashioned preacher,

• Members

Why would anyone want you not to post? I believe that you could use a little help with conveying your message in the grammar/wording you use. But, we do try to understand a lot of what you try to say. ? I have worked with Hispanics most of my life, and am part Hispanic myself....but I still, at times, have a hard time picking up on exactly what you're trying to say. Others have publically stated that here as well. Suggestion....have you tried "Grammarly" software?  I know it helped many of my Hispanic friends to better convey what they were tyring to say. 

• Moderators
  • Solution

I might be wrong --- I thought I was  wrong once, but it seems that I was mistaken about that--- but I have a sneaking suspicion that in reality; TGL probably has a very good English vocabulary, good grasp of (and usage of - away from OLB) English grammar, and may have even been born and/or raised in the US.

• Administrators

OFP. would you care to elaborate on what you said? Specifically why you think this about TGL Just wondering because I have not thought about this and strictly from his posts, I would not have even given  it any thought.

• Moderators

I've been around MANY people (from Mexico, C.A., Korea, Philippines) who had morphological and/or syntactical difficulties with English. His seems more an attempt to butcher (think someone "faking" Ebonics, Southern or Country lingo and getting it wrong) the language intentionally. Him being a chain jerker, it would seem in line with humoring himself at our expense -- of, all in good fun.

For the record, I don't have a problem with it (meaning I don't mind -- not meaning it always makes sense).

• 1 year later...