• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Good help is getting harder to find

• Members

What is going on people don’t wanna work for a living, jobs everywhere looking for good help. When was the last time this happened, where people do need money but don’t want to just take any job. My question, is this happening also in the churches, are the churches having a hard time to find good help.

Thanks 

Work Penguin GIF

• Members

Why work when you can make more money living off the government? People are falling more and more into debt working a traditional, blue collar, middle class job making someone else rich, especially now with skyrocketing inflation. Also, there's virtually no room for promotions unless you hold a college degree which means huge debt. My grandfather lived in a day where a high school drop out could work his way into better paying positions if they worked hard and were honest. He dropped out in 7th grade due to his father dying and his mother catching polio so he became "the man of the house". He started as a maintenance man at the local hospital, borrowed books from the doctors to study anatomy, took classes the hospital offered and eventually became the medical trainer for the local high school and semi-pro football team (Franklin, NJ). This eventually lead to him becoming trainer for the Newark Bears football team and an offer from the New York Giants, the later he turned down due to not wanting to relocating his family to NYC. He also became mayor of his town and started the town's emergency services. All this and he never earned his GED that I am aware of.

These days are over. Unless you run yourself in debt with a college degree or have an exceptional talent others can exploit you will never get your toe in the door and will remain a wage slave your whole life. Or you can join millions of others and live off the government.

As far as employers looking for help a lot of that is a scam to get more government subsidies. They claim they are hiring when in reality they are not. This is notoriously true in the trucking industry (where I drove OTR for five years) who claims to be short of drivers when at the same time driving owner-operators out of work (with the support of the federal government) because what they want is to replace American truckers with truckers from south of the border where fuel is much cheaper.