• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prepare yourselves Christians, the process of narrowing down who they are really after has begun..........

• Members

A friend of mine posted a picture of a US 2022 quarter. Previously, the man on the quarter faced towards the words "In God we trust." On the 2022 quarter, he is facing away from the phrase. Someone behind the new design does not want to honour God.

• Members
33 minutes ago, Jerry said:

A friend of mine posted a picture of a US 2022 quarter. Previously, the man on the quarter faced towards the words "In God we trust." On the 2022 quarter, he is facing away from the phrase. Someone behind the new design does not want to honour God.

Do you have any proof of this? Redesigns in currency happen often, and different people will place things a different way. It doesn't necessariy mean that they don't want to honour God. You like to insinuate a lot of things, as I stated in another thread just a few minutes ago. Do you have PROOF of your allegation? 

• Members

I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, BrotherTony. Quit being offended when I state mine. I don't get bent out of shape because you have a different opinion or that you express it. I don't have to "justify" my opinions any more than you do.

If I was stating something doctrinally, then I should be able to back it up from the Bible. But no one on these boards is expected to back up every thought or opinion of theirs - you certainly do not. Why expect something different from others?

Edited by Jerry

• Members
3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, BrotherTony. Quit being offended when I state mine. I don't get bent out of shape because you have a different opinion or that you express it. I don't have to "justify" my opinions any more than you do.

If I was stating something doctrinally, then I should be able to back it up from the Bible. But no one on these boards is expected to back up every thought or opinion of theirs - you certainly do not. Why expect something different from others?

The only "offense" i get is when you try to STEAMROLL your OPINION over everybody else. You want to be able to have YOUR opinion or interpretation of Scripture or anything else here, yet, you don't want to allow others to have theirs. Then you always decry that you have the administrators or moderators support. You say i don't have to "justify" my opinions, and that you don't have to "justify" yours, yet, you come at ITim, me, and others here as if you're view is the only one on many different subjects. Think you'd better remove the beam from your own eye before you come after the splinter in mine.

• Moderators

Easy on there.  Jerry was stating a idea - others may or may not agree, but the only steamrolling on this thread is coming from Tony. Ease up about 85% with your intensity and lay off the capitals, eh?

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Jerry said:

While I agree that MANY in government want to eliminate honor or recognition of God, this is not quite an accurate observation (the 2022 obverse image on coinage). I just took some coins out of my pocket: penny - motto above head (2003,05), behind head 2021; nickle - motto on right rim, head facing forward (slightly right) 2022; dime - motto on left in front of head (1982); quarter - motto on right behind head (2018). All minted in Denver, CO. Are there any minted before with the motto behind the head or was a change made around 2000? Don't know, didn't research.

btw: US currency didn't have "In God We Trust" until 1956. It bore "E Pluribus Unum" which was the de facto national motto from 1776 until July 1955 under Eisenhower (President when I was born)

• 1 month later...