• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baptist churches that supports the LGBTQ movement

• Members

There needs to be a Baptist Organization, that takes control of the situation and make those Baptist churches that support this movement, and lifestyle of the LGBTQ remove the name Baptist, from their churches. Here in America 

Is there such an Independent Baptist Organization, out there today, that could do this or brave enough.

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

There needs to be a Baptist Organization, that takes control of the situation and make those Baptist churches that support this movement, and lifestyle of the LGBTQ remove the name Baptist, from their churches. Here in America 

Is there such an Independent Baptist Organization, out there today, that could do this or brave enough.

If you're truly an INDEPENDENT BAPTIST, you know there ISN'T. Another negative post directed towards the Baptist churches? Morales, you already are aware that INDEPENDENT BAPTIST CHURCHES are just that...INDEPENDENT, AUTONOMOUS churches. NOBODY can tell them what to believe, preach, or teach. 

• Members

Baptist churches have to make those decisions for themselves. If an organization outside of the church made that decision for them then it would not be a Baptist church in the first place. Baptist churches are autonomous and only Christ has the right to direct them.

• Members
1 hour ago, John Young said:

Baptist churches have to make those decisions for themselves. If an organization outside of the church made that decision for them then it would not be a Baptist church in the first place. Baptist churches are autonomous and only Christ has the right to direct them.

So there are no Baptist bylaws that can disqualified a church, from being a Baptist church. Example , if I had a Baptist church, and I made the members work for their salvation, and made them get baptized. Under the Baptist church name There would be nothing others Baptist churches can do about it.

Just Checking, this is not right. Thanks for replying, that brother Tony is too stuff. He must scare his members away.  ?

• Members

An Independent Baptist church is autonomous. Not all Baptist churches are that way. If they are part of a convention, for example, they are not.

That being said, if someone else dictated that they follow a certain guideline or did certain things, then those ones would not be autonomous either. The simple act of having a headquarters dictating beliefs or practices would make those churches a denomination. One of the Baptist Distinctives is the autonomy of the local church. Of course, there are many Baptist churches that do not follow this distinctive.

We can fellowship and even work together to some extent with other likeminded independent Baptist churches, but are not linked together in the sense where one tells the other what to do or believe.

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

So there are no Baptist bylaws that can disqualified a church, from being a Baptist church. Example , if I had a Baptist church, and I made the members work for their salvation, and made them get baptized. Under the Baptist church name There would be nothing others Baptist churches can do about it.

Just Checking, this is not right. Thanks for replying, that brother Tony is too stuff. He must scare his members away.  ?

Morales, constant jabs at me, especially ones that are prevarications (lies) like the one you just told, are unacceptable to me. If you don't like getting called out, stop lying and antagonizing people. Stop posting NEGATIVE posts about Baptists. You wonder why people won't or don't "fellowship" with you. These are very good reasons why. I'm not an acting pastor, so, I don't scare ANYONE away. Your posts, if you were a pastor, would encourage me to avoid your church like the plague. You say you're an evangelist...act like one and stop being so negative, lying about people, and grow up, please. I truly think you need to spend more time studying your Bible, and about how you should treat others.

• Members
3 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

So there are no Baptist bylaws that can disqualified a church, from being a Baptist church.

Nope. All Baptist churches are simply independent churches that Identify as having Believers Baptism (confessional faith) as opposed to Catholic Communal baptism (communal faith).

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

If they are part of a convention, for example, they are not.

Even then all the conventions can do is exclude the church from convention activities and resources. They can't really do much more than that.

Edited by John Young

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Morales, constant jabs at me, especially ones that are prevarications (lies) like the one you just told, are unacceptable to me. If you don't like getting called out, stop lying and antagonizing people. Stop posting NEGATIVE posts about Baptists. You wonder why people won't or don't "fellowship" with you. These are very good reasons why. I'm not an acting pastor, so, I don't scare ANYONE away. Your posts, if you were a pastor, would encourage me to avoid your church like the plague. You say you're an evangelist...act like one and stop being so negative, lying about people, and grow up, please. I truly think you need to spend more time studying your Bible, and about how you should treat others.

Okay, sorry about that, I do think your a nice person that don’t like my posts. I don’t need any friends, and I do feel that there are others that will agree with you. I will be more careful. 

1 hour ago, John Young said:

Nope. All Baptist churches are simply independent churches that Identify as having Believers Baptism (confessional faith) as opposed to Catholic Communal baptism (communal faith).

Even then all the conventions can do is exclude the church from convention activities and resources. They can't really do much more than that.

Thanks, pretty much any church can give us true Baptist believers, a bad name.

• Members
38 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Okay, sorry about that, I do think your a nice person that don’t like my posts. I don’t need any friends, and I do feel that there are others that will agree with you. I will be more careful. 

Thanks, pretty much any church can give us true Baptist believers, a bad name.

Morales, it's not that I'm against or "don't like" your posts. Some of these subjects need to brought to light, but not in the negative context that you continue to post in. Without the extra commentary, or being negative, you just need to present the subject matter. If you need help, ask a pastor friend or someone else who can give you some guidance on how to present it. I have no question that you're probably trying to do something honorable, but in such a way that's ineffectual. ?

• Members
22 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

On a personal, Bible based note, it would not take long for me to recognize and walk away from any local church which recognized LGBTQ+IA for membership or office. If that is their position then I could not fellowship with them, only pray for them. I would not recognize them as a Baptist church, at all. But, if they have accepted this position then they don't care what I think nor what God's word says.

• Members
38 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

On a personal, Bible based note, it would not take long for me to recognize and walk away from any local church which recognized LGBTQ+IA for membership or office. If that is their position then I could not fellowship with them, only pray for them. I would not recognize them as a Baptist church, at all. But, if they have accepted this position then they don't care what I think nor what God's word says.

That will be all the Christian family can do is just leave. But at the same time they will gain more of them. They are not evil people, they are lost just like we were, but what they want to bring into the church is evil. 

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

That will be all the Christian family can do is just leave. But at the same time they will gain more of them. They are not evil people, they are lost just like we were, but what they want to bring into the church is evil. 

Actually, those who seek sodomite and lesbian lifestyles (and other associated abominations) are in fact evil. The Bible teaches none of us are good without Christ, but it also teaches that those living these kind of lifestyles are wicked - especially if they turned to these lifestyles because of rejecting the Saviour and His Word as Romans 1 teaches (though not all that live this lifestyle have gotten to that point - those that haven't still have hope according to 1 Corinthians 6;9-11).

If someone lost comes into our churches and desires to hear the Word of God and learn about the Saviour, praise the Lord for that as long as they are not bringing their wickedness into the church. However, anyone that is living any kind of sinful lifestyle (including ones involving sexual sins) should not be welcomed as part of the church or allowed to be members. This exact practice (of letting the lost become accepted as "part of the church family") is the reason MANY churches throughout history have fallen by the wayside or compromised their beliefs and practices as the lost eventually outnumbered (or outweighed the beliefs of) the truly saved in each particular church or denomination. In such cases, you are not gaining more of a church family, you are destroying and tearing down a church by allowing tares in among the wheat.

• Members

Very good explanation of the Independent, Fundamental, Baptist churches. ?

Wish people would realize this about the SBC churches as well...they are all AUTONOMOUS Baptist churches. The only thing they are "joined" by is the cooperative to support sending more missionaries to the field, and they really don't even have to be involved in this. Many aren't any longer because of the influx of Calvinist doctrine and CRT being taught in the seminaries. Many, because of the scandal on the sexual abuse within those that cooperate, have withdrawn from the cooperative. I designate that the tithes and offerings to be used ONLY in the LOCAL operation of the church...nothing going to the cooperative, Lifeway, the EC, etc. 

I DO wish our church held more to the fundamentals. This guy is OFF on the SBC...sorry. That's one point that I will disagree with. We are NOT a denomination though we're classified by the world as one.

Edited by BrotherTony