• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Southern Baptist Church will release bad boys list

• Members

The Catholics are probably saying we’re getting a break this time, finally if someone else. But still there will be those faithful members that will just turn their eyes ? the other way. Also sadly, there will be many that will turn away from the faith. 
Gay Pride GIF

Edited by TheGloryLand
Spelling

• Members
8 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

The Catholics are probably saying we’re getting a break this time, finally if someone else. But still there will be those faithful members that will just turn their eyes ? the other way. Also sadly, there will be many that will turn away from the faith. 
Gay Pride GIF

Another thread full of negativity, Morales? Will you EVER post a thread that's positive, uplifting, and not somehow an attack on someone? Yes, the SBC is trying to release the names of the pastors/deacons/leadership that have been ACCUSED...many not yet CONFIRMED to have committed any acts at all, and still INNOCENT until PROVEN  guilty. A report is just that, not a legal investigation by the legal authorities, which is where reports of these actions should have gone FIRST AND FOREMOST, not to the SBC EC. Many will turn away from the faith because they don't have the Holy Spirit guiding them and are looking at man. 

• Members
4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Another thread full of negativity, Morales? Will you EVER post a thread that's positive, uplifting, and not somehow an attack on someone? Yes, the SBC is trying to release the names of the pastors/deacons/leadership that have been ACCUSED...many not yet CONFIRMED to have committed any acts at all, and still INNOCENT until PROVEN  guilty. A report is just that, not a legal investigation by the legal authorities, which is where reports of these actions should have gone FIRST AND FOREMOST, not to the SBC EC. Many will turn away from the faith because they don't have the Holy Spirit guiding them and are looking at man. 

You say it’s a negative post. I say it’s positive post, they got caught and that is good news. I know you’re 50% Southern Baptist BT, but it’s just news. Relax 

• Members
21 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

You say it’s a negative post. I say it’s positive post, they got caught and that is good news. I know you’re 50% Southern Baptist BT, but it’s just news. Relax 

Please, show me ANYWHERE there is a "positive" in your post outside of the alleged incidents finally being brought to light in public. "They" got caught? Who's they? Names? Convictions? This is a report from a committee investigating...not a court of law where there has been a verdict reached by a jury. These are ALLEGED crimes. Yes, I agree that some of if not all of these people might have committed these acts, but, until there is defrinitive proof, it's not been proven at all. And, there's no way ANY of this should have gone to an "Executive Committee"  and then passed onto a lawfirm that supports the LGBTQ+ agenda. The wording of the report PRESUMES guilt before there has been PROVEN guilt...so, it shows they are biased and had an agenda. 

Then you state that there will be "members who will just turn their eyes." This may be, but there are a greater number who won't, and who want to know why these acts weren't brought to law enforcement. Where were the parents? Why didn't the churches pastors report these incidents if they knew about them? One other note...this ISN'T just an SBC problem...it's in the IFB as well, the Methodists, the Presbyterians, Lutherans, and any other denomination or group available. 

Let me make one thing PERFECTLY CLEAR to you, Morales. I'm not "50%" anything. I'm 100% a Christian, a believer and follower of Christ before I am anything...then I am a BAPTIST, not Southern Baptist just because I attend I an autonomous church who cooperates in missions with other like minded churches. I go to church where the Lord leads me to go to church. Continued jabs at my attending an SBC affiliated church aren't appreciated, and theyy will be met with a response. They are every bit as autonomous and INDEPENDENT as the IFB churches.

Edited by BrotherTony