• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christ is the head of the church, then the pastor

• Members

I could be wrong, but I think in some churches sometimes leaders, administrators, deacons, and longtime members, think they control the church and the pastor. What does the Bible tells us about these types of members. Should they be cast out maybe?

• Members
5 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I could be wrong, but I think in some churches sometimes leaders, administrators, deacons, and longtime members, think they control the church and the pastor. What does the Bible tells us about these types of members. Should they be cast out maybe?

Christ is the head of the church...yes...then the pastor under the leadership of the Holy Spirit and the Bible. Sometimes the problems start when the pastor believes he has the right to rule like a dictator. This often leads to administrators, deacons, longtime members and others pushing an agenda that isn't wanted or accepted by the congregants. No, I don't believe members should be cast out, at least not unless it's proven that they're acting in their own best interest and not the interest of Christ and the church. Church discipline should be inacted then. 

• Moderators

If the pastor is in error (Scripturally) the same procedure is to be followed as for any other member (he is also a member) -- go to him (with Bible and humility), if further action is needed - take a witness or two, if still unresolved - bring it before the church, if Scriptural error persists - put him out.