• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fundraising in the local church

• Members

I don’t know when it started,  but is fundraising in the church biblical. How much fundraising is too much, to have in the local church. I believe, that if everyone gives their tithes and offering, all the needs should be met. I’m not against a special offering for a missionary, or guest speaker. Example,car washes, bake sales, garage sales. 

The Lord’s house should not be a business

speaker

• Administrators

A local church should be financed entirely by the members of that church. Bake sales, yard sales or appeals to the community should never be used to finance the needs of Gods people. God is not a beggar that needs to depend on the ungodly to further The Gospel. We have Scriptural example set forth for our instruction.

God has ordined that His people should finance their needs through voluntary free will offerings in the Church age.

Acts 4:33-37 (KJV) And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

• Members
47 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

A local church should be financed entirely by the members of that church. Bake sales, yard sales or appeals to the community should never be used to finance the needs of Gods people. God is not a beggar that needs to depend on the ungodly to further The Gospel. We have Scriptural example set forth for our instruction.

God has ordined that His people should finance their needs through voluntary free will offerings in the Church age.

Acts 4:33-37 (KJV) And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Ah...I think I see now why you brought the old tithing thread back to light. ? KEWL! 

• Members
20 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Ah...I think I see now why you brought the old tithing thread back to light. ? KEWL! 

Cowboy ? breakfast, pancake fundraiser this morning. Five dollars all you eat, follow buy some great preaching 

I love mind with maple syrup  ? 

Hungry Breakfast GIF

• Members
58 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Cowboy ? breakfast, pancake fundraiser this morning. Five dollars all you eat, follow buy some great preaching 

I love mind with maple syrup  ? 

Hungry Breakfast GIF

Say what???? First, most places don't hold fundraisers on Thursday morning. Second...it's "FOLLOWED BY", and then there is a period at the end of that sentence. 

Next...the word is "MINE," not mind. Again, you're missing a period. LOL How's that for corrective measures, Mr. Morales???? ? Don't mess with a former proof reader! LOL 

• Members
48 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Say what???? First, most places don't hold fundraisers on Thursday morning. Second...it's "FOLLOWED BY", and then there is a period at the end of that sentence. 

Next...the word is "MINE," not mind. Again, you're missing a period. LOL How's that for corrective measures, Mr. Morales???? ? Don't mess with a former proof reader! LOL 

Your playing Mind games with me Cowboy. : )   Did I spell Hee Haww right.  I don’t think so.

• Members
57 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Your playing Mind games with me Cowboy. : )   Did I spell Hee Haww right.  I don’t think so.

It depends of what kind of affect you're going for! LOL I thought maybe you were trying to do it with a Western drawl! ? I'm no cowboy, at least not any more. 

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Sorry, Morales....I forgot to correct this post as well...it's "You're" you know...you are. ? Mind didn't need to be capitalized as it's in the middle of a sentence and isn't a name or important item. Then, there really should be a comma before the name "Cowboy." Then, lets put a question mark after the word "right!" LOL How's that? Sorry Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Members
37 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Sorry, Morales....I forgot to correct this post as well...it's "You're" you know...you are. ? Mind didn't need to be capitalized as it's in the middle of a sentence and isn't a name or important item. Then, there really should be a comma before the name "Cowboy." Then, lets put a question mark after the word "right!" LOL How's that? Sorry Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

clint eastwood cowboy GIF

• Members

I do agree with the premise of this thread - if all true believers gave their tithes and offerings as the Lord leads, there would be no need to resort to worldly methods of getting money. And, for the sake of the argument, if the Lord's people did not give enough for a need/ministry that came up, perhaps that ministry was not being directed by God.