• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

THE Great BLESSING OF ELECTION

Go to solution Solved by Iconoclast,

• Members
2 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

how do you edit misspelled words? where is the edit button

Mr. Iconoclast,

On the right-hand side of one of your posts there is the three dots.  If you click on those three dots for one of your own posts, you will get a drop down with "report," "share," and "edit."  Click "edit."

• Members
9 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Mr. Iconoclast,

On the right-hand side of one of your posts there is the three dots.  If you click on those three dots for one of your own posts, you will get a drop down with "report," "share," and "edit."  Click "edit."

Thank you...my typing is horrible, now I can correct when I muff up.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

how do you edit misspelled words? where is the edit button

At the top, right of each post you will see these three things: Author   members   then three dots which are "other options". Under other options there is an "edit" choice.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Now Jim do you see any twisting here, or do you agree here?

Of course Scripture is never twisted, it is the Calvinist interpretation of Scripture that is twisted, as is yours.

• Members
19 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Of course Scripture is never twisted, it is the Calvinist interpretation of Scripture that is twisted, as is yours.

Jim....I asked you if anything here in this post is twisted?

Did you see anything not correct here in this post?

Do you see who verse 9 is actually speaking about?

• Members
On 5/18/2022 at 6:48 PM, Iconoclast said:

God;s word is God's word fully inspired in the original autographs, That being said it does need to be properly understood. I do not question God's word at all. I find several of your views highly questionable.

Do not make as if I find God's word as to not mean what it says when I am questioning your personal view which i find with many errors

To be honest, it looks to some of us as if you have a "personal interpretation" as to what the Bible says...and it doesn't align with Scripture, but twisted to meet your soteriology. Just an observation.

• Members
29 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

To be honest, it looks to some of us as if you have a "personal interpretation" as to what the Bible says...and it doesn't align with Scripture, but twisted to meet your soteriology. Just an observation.

Hello Tony,

I understand  what you are saying but I will offer more verses for you to consider. If they help you great.If not at least it will let you know what you are opposing.

I have seen many people at first react against it but then it clicks and they become strong advocates of these biblical truth.

At first there is a violent emotional attack,counter verses are isolated out of  context .

When looked at carefully the truth comes through. 

Tony keep in mind it is not your truth, or my truth, but rather the truth of God we want. 

I will soon clear up much of the ALL....verses.

Keep in mind  if we trust the Lord by a God given faith we are brothers under the shed blood.

Some are suggesting the teaching is of satan or heretical, but these wild accusations are just that...graceless.

• Members
On 5/18/2022 at 6:28 PM, Iconoclast said:

God had elected that one nation to elect many of them to be saved. They misunderstood where they stood before God thinking that God considered them special because of themselves rather than His grace extended to them.

1]Jesus is elect...YES The servant of Lord

2] Israel as a nation out of which some individuals were elected to be saints

3]elect angels..yes

4]Elect individuals

Find me one example, in scripture, which addresses or even refers to any individual as being "elect" or "predestined" or even by singular pronouns. (except for Jesus Christ and the "elect lady") And remember when doing so that the pronouns "Ye" and "you" are always plural in the King James Bible. ( I think "Ye" is used for the subject and "you" is a direct object but then again English was never my favorite subject in school)

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

The ALL that we need to be concerned about is the  ALL found in Jn6:37 -44.

Jesus Himself taught us .He said;

ALL the Father has given me shall come to me.

Then in verse 44 He declared;

No man Can come to them, unless The Father which sent me draws him.

So much for free will...the text is clear No Man can come,unless...salvation is the work of the Triune God.

In verse 37....the elect Children are given to the Son before the world was. In time the Spirit of God does His unseen work internally in the sinner, taking out a heart of stone, giving a new heart of flesh.The unwilling sinner is made willing as Psalm 110 speaks of.

Jesus becomes incarnate to do the will of the Father.

He declares He will in no way cast out any that the Father has given Him.

For He came down from heaven not to do His own will, but the will of Him that sent Him.

That of ALL He has been Given He should nothing, but raise them up at the Last day.

As people seek to refute this teaching that is not refutable....they weakly jump out of the passage and attempt to  suggest in 12:32 which does not in any way blend into the context of the giving by the Father.

That context following Jn 11...speaks of as Jesus is preached worldwide all the elect Gentiles  will come in as the OT prophets spoke of.

Salvation was not found In the nation of Israel only...but among all men scattered abroad..jn 11:49-52.

All 5 pts are on display inThis section of scripture 

Election and Particular Redemption  are a great blessing to the godly line who have eternally been viewed as In Union with Christ.

It is purposed by God in eternity past, and unfolds in time by the means of Grace God has ordained to seek and save everyone He intended to save.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

The ALL that we need to be concerned about is the  ALL found in Jn6:37 -44.

Jesus Himself taught us .He said;

ALL the Father has given me shall come to me.

Then in verse 44 He declared;

No man Can come to them, unless The Father which sent me draws him.

So much for free will...the text is clear No Man can come,unless...salvation is the work of the Triune God.

In verse 37....the elect Children are given to the Son before the world was. In time the Spirit of God does His unseen work internally in the sinner, taking out a heart of stone, giving a new heart of flesh.The unwilling sinner is made willing as Psalm 110 speaks of.

Jesus becomes incarnate to do the will of the Father.

He declares He will in no way cast out any that the Father has given Him.

For He came down from heaven not to do His own will, but the will of Him that sent Him.

That of ALL He has been Given He should nothing, but raise them up at the Last day.

As people seek to refute this teaching that is not refutable....they weakly jump out of the passage and attempt to  suggest in 12:32 which does not in any way blend into the context of the giving by the Father.

That context following Jn 11...speaks of as Jesus is preached worldwide all the elect Gentiles  will come in as the OT prophets spoke of.

Salvation was not found In the nation of Israel only...but among all men scattered abroad..jn 11:49-52.

All 5 pts are on display inThis section of scripture 

Election and Particular Redemption  are a great blessing to the godly line who have eternally been viewed as In Union with Christ.

It is purposed by God in eternity past, and unfolds in time by the means of Grace God has ordained to seek and save everyone He intended to save.

If we take the Scriptures the way you would have us to, then God would be a liar....2 Peter 3:9...All means all. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

Jim....I asked you if anything here in this post is twisted?

Did you see anything not correct here in this post?

Do you see who verse 9 is actually speaking about?

I answered your question. You quoted Scripture and I said Scripture is never twisted. It is your interpretation of Scripture that is twisted; I said that in another reply.

33 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

If we take the Scriptures the way you would have us to, then God would be a liar....2 Peter 3:9...All means all. 

You are so right Bro. Tony. As my old missionary pastor used to say: "All means all, and that is all that all means."

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I posted on this already.

The All  in that passage going to be saved.Everyone of them will be brought to repentance.

That is the same ALL I posted about in the post dealing with jn .6:37-44

Edited by Iconoclast

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Maybe you could go over Jn. 6:37-44 and explain what it means?

All means All....

All the Father gives shall come, no more, no less.

Edited by Iconoclast

• Members
2 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

I posted on this already.

The All  in that passage going to be saved.Everyone of them will be brought to repentance.

That is the same ALL I posted about in the post dealing with jn .6:37-44

That's YOUR interpretation of the Scripture. I believe Pastor Scott already gave another explanation. ALL MEANS ALL....Nowhere does it state, "Just the elect." 

Edited by BrotherTony