• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

A genuine leather Bible at under $80 can be a difficult find. Christian Book has a few. I usually buy from the KJV Store but they are a little pricier. If you want real leather don't go with bonded. That's like going to Long John Silvers and expecting a "real" fish sandwich. 

I prefer a Bible with the Old Scofield Study notes, but that's me. Everyone has their favorites. Wide margins are good if you like to make notes in your Bible (not my preference).

As for the references to St. Matthew, Mark, Luke or John, I personally don't see that as a significant issue. Each of these men were saved and so it is biblically correct to call them saints; just see all the letters from Paul where he addresses the saints of each area written to.

• Members
54 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Sad today, but most modern preachers are switching to their electronic devices, not leather. $$$$$ 

Most? I haven't seen this, or known this to be the case. Blanket statements like this aren't productive OR honest!

• Members
3 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Most? I haven't seen this, or known this to be the case. Blanket statements like this aren't productive OR honest!

In my opinion 10 percent independent Baptist, 60 percent Southern Baptist. I am sorry for the confusion.

• Members
On 4/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, Chad_McV said:

I am looking to get a new Bible, leather under $80, any recommendations? 

Try Local Church Bible Publishers. As they are a church ministry, their bibles are at cost. Many are leather and very good quality materials. All are under $80 and well priced.

http://localchurchbiblepublishers.com/bibles/?filter_items=bibles

• Members
6 hours ago, John Young said:

Try Local Church Bible Publishers. As they are a church ministry, their bibles are at cost. Many are leather and very good quality materials. All are under $80 and well priced.

http://localchurchbiblepublishers.com/bibles/?filter_items=bibles

I purchased the '390E3B Mid Size Wide Margin Black 3 Piece (Executive)' and it is exactly like my old Cambridge Wide Margin. Excellent purchase and wearing very well.

Edited by 1Timothy115

• Members
4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

A bit off topic, but I still have my original Bible, bought in 1975; It is a Cambridge wide margin, with easy to read, bolder than normal print, easy on the eyes. I had it rebound twice.

I still have my first Old Scofield Bible! ?  Got it for my ninth birthday 51 years ago this coming Tuesday. Since my dad was a "cobbler" he rebound it back in the late 1970s. 

• Members
3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I still have my first Old Scofield Bible! ?  Got it for my ninth birthday 51 years ago this coming Tuesday. Since my dad was a "cobbler" he rebound it back in the late 1970s. 

When you said cobbler, I thought in apple and peach cobbler pie. Digital Marketing GIF by Giflytics

• Members
On 4/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, Chad_McV said:

I am looking to get a new Bible, leather under $80, any recommendations? 

Also what is everyone's take on bibles that instead of mark it refers to st. Mark?

https://churchbiblepublishers.com/shop/bible-by-cover-color/black/midsize-turquoise-reference-bible-corporate-series-black/

We recently gave this as a gift to a young man courting one of my daughters.  It is very similar to my Hendrickson's Minister's Bible which is why I chose it.  I prefer the center references and it has a great many of them.  They also have center reference bibles for $67 with leather covers as well and they now do imprinting in house.

I'm going to get the same thing if my eyesight returns as the dog chewed mine up (the cover) when she was little.  The text is Scrivener's update to the Cambridge I think in 1875.  It's great.