• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Recent Truths About Education In America

• Members

“From a strange inversion of the order of nature, the cause of which it is not necessary to unfold, the most important business in civil society, is, in many parts of America, committed to the most worthless characters. The Education of youth, an employment of more consequence than making laws and preaching the gospel, because it lays the foundation on which both law and gospel rest for success; this Education is sunk to a level with the most menial services.” ~ Noah Webster, “Education of Youth,” American Magazine, March 1788

Parents wish their children to be well bred, yet place them under the care of clowns. They wish to secure their hearts from vicious principles and habits, yet commit them to the care of men of the most profligate lives. They wish to have their children taught obedience and respect for superiors, yet give them a master that both parents and children despise. A practice so glaringly absurd and irrational has no name in any language! Parents themselves will not associate with the men, whose company they oblige their children to keep, even in that most important period, when habits are forming for life. ~ Noah Webster, “Education of Youth,” American Magazine, March 1788

“Their minds should be kept untainted, till their reasoning faculties have acquired strength, and the good principles which may be planted in their minds, have taken deep root. They will then be able to make a firm and probably a successful resistance, against the attacks of secret corruption and brazen libertinism.” ~ Noah Webster, “Education of Youth,” American Magazine, March 1788

You won’t find Webster given more than a mention, if that, in schools in 2022, they don’t even use his dictionary.

• Members

And these quotes were from 1788. Imagine his antipathy were he alive today. It is no wonder he can't be found in schools today: just in the course of my own lifetime there has been an egregious plummet of social, civic and spiritual standards within our public (and even many private) schools. 

Here are some quotes from the other side of the spectrum:

"The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions.” – Karl Marx

“Give me just one generation of youth, and I'll transform the whole world.” Vladimir Lenin

"The worker-mother must learn not to differentiate between yours and mine; she must remember that there are only our children, the children of Russia’s communist workers". -Alexandra Kollontai, Communism and the Family

"It takes a village." – Hillary Clinton

Edited by Napsterdad

• Members

Most teachers in public education are lost, depraved sinners and Satan uses them with impunity to destroy children.  Most do not know they are being used and most do not even know that they are fellow travelers and useful idiots.

• Members
15 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Most teachers in public education are lost, depraved sinners and Satan uses them with impunity to destroy children.  Most do not know they are being used and most do not even know that they are fellow travelers and useful idiots.

If not for catching an episode of Tucker Carlson, I would have never known about the subtle attack by the LGBTQIA people posing as teachers in the government (public) schools. Corrupting the innocent children of America.

• Members
2 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

If not for catching an episode of Tucker Carlson, I would have never known about the subtle attack by the LGBTQIA people posing as teachers in the government (public) schools. Corrupting the innocent children of America.

These people have been corrupting children in the public schools for a long time now. I know that in the public schools in Illinois in the 1970s, we were consistantly bombarded with sex in our classrooms by the incoming teachers from the colleges. In our study hall while we were listening to records while studying, the monitor/teacher was telling us how wonderful it was to be "sexually free" and able to have relations with anyone...male or female. This was so prevalent that my parents took me out of my last year of Jr. High and put me into a Christian school. 

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members

People recently are shocked when they hear of some teacher pushing Islam in a public school but back in 1984/85 my history teacher, who was rumored to be gay, had us memorize the Five Pillars of Islam and prayer towards Mecca prior to class as a lesson in "toleration" of other religions. This was a time when my laziness payed off as I did not memorize the Pillars and when we knelt it was a nice opportunity to take a quick snooze.

Of course, this same teacher never let a chance pass without bashing Christianity.

So, this liberal lunacy is nothing new.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
9 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

It's not well publicized, or was not well publicized save for their own circles.  I was first aware of it back about 2010 or so when GLAAD made the news saying that they would be involved with public schools in my area.  By that point all of our children were out of the public school system.

The straight ones are preying on the kids sexually too.  It's a free for all attack on children.

• Members

When my father was in grade school in the '50s and '60s he had a teacher tell the class that she was a Communist.  She was not there the next day.  

My grade school experience is summed up perfectly in the book, Child Abuse in the Classroom by Phyllis Schlafly.  I still have some of those perverted questionnaires that the teachers were always passing around.

Curiously, my younger sister and brother have no recollection of any of these things happening.  They embrace liberalism.

• Members

I don't believe I've ever heard of any sexual discussions in school in the 60s and early 70s. There was definitely no one in front of the classroom with rings in their nose, purple hair, and telling us we may be a boy or girl or both or neither...that is just sickness of soul.

• Members
18 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I don't believe I've ever heard of any sexual discussions in school in the 60s and early 70s. There was definitely no one in front of the classroom with rings in their nose, purple hair, and telling us we may be a boy or girl or both or neither...that is just sickness of soul.

You were lucky. In Illinois, at least in the town where I was raised, the public library was issuing playboy and other magazines, even to those under the age of 18. Most jr. high schools in our town were introducing  the philosophy to their students of "trying sex with different people, male and female" to help find their sexual identity. It wasn't EVERY teacher, but, there were many who were pushing this tripe, especially those from California and New York who came to our area. 

• Members
On 4/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, 1Timothy115 said:

My first exposure that I recall was in 6th grade (1972, Buffalo Public School 45) when we had about 6 or so weeks of Sex Ed. I remember all the kids being pretty uncomfortable. Most of us weren't ready for (or interested in) such a discussion. I believe my most pressing concerns at the time were the upcoming street hockey game and my balsa wood airplane models. 

It's a shame our current culture and educators will no longer let our kids be kids. Parents are the best judges of when to have these discussions with their own children. And people wonder why I homeschool. Personally I wonder why more people don't homeschool.

• Members
On 4/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, BrotherTony said:

You were lucky. In Illinois, at least in the town where I was raised, the public library was issuing playboy and other magazines, even to those under the age of 18. Most jr. high schools in our town were introducing  the philosophy to their students of "trying sex with different people, male and female" to help find their sexual identity. It wasn't EVERY teacher, but, there were many who were pushing this tripe, especially those from California and New York who came to our area. 

Sad. In S.E. Ohio we were fairly protected from those things. At least as long as I attended grade & high school none of it was out in the open. We still referred to homosexuals as queers and that term at the time was derogatory. After I left for the Navy, they did have a student marry a teacher.

Edited by 1Timothy115