• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jehovah witness invited me to their Easter Service

Go to solution Solved by Disciple.Luke,

• Members

I got a invite through the mail. I didn’t know that they were having Easter Services, remembering Jesus. The Jehovah witness. They are opening up more to the son of God, now. He’s not just a teacher anymore. Maybe I’ll take BT with me to visit them. Smile   : )

• Members
  • Solution
17 hours ago, E Morales said:

I got a invite through the mail. I didn’t know that they were having Easter Services, remembering Jesus. The Jehovah witness. They are opening up more to the son of God, now. He’s not just a teacher anymore. Maybe I’ll take BT with me to visit them. Smile   : )

Their version of Easter is called the "Memorial". I have been twice over the years and attended it in a zoom meeting back during COVID to see if it had changed at all. The meeting is probably the most unchristian meeting I've ever seen. They pass wine and loaves of bread around but ONLY the remaining 144,000 "anointed Co-Rulers with Christ" are allowed to partake and there are only a few thousand left. Visitors and the average JW are discouraged from partaking with Watchtower articles implying that new people who partake are most likely "mentally ill" or have a false witness of the Spirit but says not to try to attempt to stop them.

This is their largest attended event yearly with millions of visitors and inactive members being invited to attend. So what you would see in person is mass of millions of people being handed the emblems to remember Christ's sacrifice and they are rejecting him by passing it on.

They may give the appearance that they are moving more toward authentic Christianity but that is far from the truth. In light of the many recent child sex abuse lawsuits against them the Governing Body has cracked down even harder on telling members not to read any anti JW literature or websites insisting any criticism or accusations against them are an attempt by Satan to discredit Jehovah's "earthly organization".

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 4/3/2022 at 8:33 PM, E Morales said:

So did you go?  Pass out any Chick Tracts?

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 4/24/2022 at 12:58 PM, TheGloryLand said:

No, I did not go to visit, no need to get more confused or trying to understand their man made religion. 

I got one of those leaflets from their stall at the end of our road, inviting them to their service for the memorial of Jesus' death. I wish now that did go as I would ask them why the celebrate Jesus' death and not his resurrection?  They don't believe his actual body was raised, but only  a spirit body. I would then point them to 

1 15:12-19 Corinthians Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

I will perhaps ask them on the stall at the end of our Road,  not when one of the elders are there because they have an answer for everything even though their answers are nonsense.

Edited by Invicta
Wording

• Members

I said to one who I think is an elder, if you come to our  service one Sunday,  I will come to yours the following Sunday.  He thought for a while and then said  "I won't come to your church because your pastor will preach on the trinity."  I should have said,  he may not that day and you can not believe it, and afterwards  speak and challenge him, he won't mind." 

I sometimes challenge him if I don't agree with him. I said if I have anything to say, I will say it to your face, not behind your back." He said "I appreciate that."

Edited by Invicta

• Members
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

I said to one who I think is an elder, if you come to our  service one Sunday,  I will come to yours the following Sunday.  He thought for a while and then said  "I won't come to your church because your pastor will preach on the trinity."  I should have said,  he may not that day and you can not believe it, and afterwards  speak and challenge him, he won't mind." 

I sometimes challenge him if I don't agree with him. I said if I have anything to say, I will say it to your face, not behind your back." He said "I appreciate that."

I'm not sure about you coming to mine and I'll visit yours. If this is the right thing to do?

• Members
28 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I'm not sure about you coming to mine and I'll visit yours. If this is the right thing to do?

You're right to question that action. I don't believe it's ever right to make that offer possibly compromising the validity of ones attempts at evangelizing to this group of people.

• Members
37 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I think I would make that offer if there were a particular JW who is maybe disfellowshiped and still attending meeting or even one who obviously shows up to meetings so his wife don't divorce him but his mind is already out. You'd have to be cautious about the type of service you invited him to because that one visit could push him right back into the organization. For instance a Sunday during memorial day. If he came in seeing all flags he wasn't allowed to stand for in elementary and sermon has positive comments about serving in the military. He would walk out of there believing that all other churches are 'worldly" with Satan at it head.

Generally though no serious witness would ever take that offer. I was visiting a Kingdom Hall for a month or two and I noticed a man that attended every Sunday and always commented at the meets but didn't really dress up and always say in the back. I knew that he had been studying with a Witness for a long time so I eventually asked him if he was a JW. He told me that he was raised a witness but left the religion as a young man and never made to baptism. He had been attending on Sundays and studying for longer than usual...like a year or more. I asked him why he had not been baptized yet and he start telling me about how he wasn't allowed to progress any further until he found a new job. 

This man worked as a janitor for a very large church of God congregation. He didn't attend any church services he just went and cleaned all the rooms, hallways, and bathrooms during the week and on Sunday afternoons. They wouldn't even let this guy be an unbaptized publisher in public ministry because he cleaned a building for a living. With that kind attitude toward anything outside a Kingdom Hall the chances of getting one to attend your congregation is close to negative - 0 %.