• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do Baptist believe in the 10 Commandments

Go to solution Solved by BrotherTony,

• Members
12 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Why would anyone ask this question? I mean, SERIOUSLY....we hold to the Bible as our final authority. If we don't, then there's not really any use to preach any of the rest of the Bible, is there?

I guess it’s been a long time for you brother Tony, to preach on the 10 Commandments. It’s ok 

• Members
9 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Not really. I've preached on the 10 Commandments..

How long on a fasting message? A long time too. It’s okay, not a Baptist favorite.

Baptist don’t like preaching on a place called Hell or Speaking in Tongues from the Bible.

• Members
5 minutes ago, E Morales said:

How long on a fasting message? A long time too. It’s okay, not a Baptist favorite.

Baptist don’t like preaching on a place called Hell or Speaking in Tongues from the Bible.

If you're so unhappy with the Baptists, or you feel they're not preaching what they should, may I ask why you say you're a Baptist and are here on OB?? Just thought I'd ask since you are continuously making negative statements about the Baptists. 

• Members
1 minute ago, BrotherTony said:

If you're so unhappy with the Baptists, or you feel they're not preaching what they should, may I ask why you say you're a Baptist and are here on OB?? Just thought I'd ask since you are continuously making negative statements about the Baptists. 

It’s just a weakness for us Baptist. We are not perfect. 

• Members

Morales, I know it bothers me and others on these boards when you make broad statements, such as Baptists do this or that. There may be some, even many that do not preach on certain things, and there are certainly many others that do. My church preaches on the 10 commandments. I do not know if my current church has ever preached a whole message on tongues, but we believe tongues are earthly languages - like the front of any King James Bible states, translated out of the original tongues (ie. Hebrew/Aramaic and Greek). I have heard many references throughout the years against modern day tongues speaking, how those who practice it today do not believe they are earthly languages, nor do they follow the instructions on how to use other languages in church services today (again, we do not believe ANYONE today is being given the gift of tongues or any sign gifts). If a missionary who only speaks a foreign language wants to preach or sing a song in that foreign language it is not acceptable unless there is a translator so that the church will be edified through the understanding of what is being preached or sung, as 1 Corinthians 14 teaches.

• Members
3 hours ago, E Morales said:

I don't know which Baptist preachers you've been listening to, but all those topics are extremely common to hear sermons on. I've taught Bible study lessons on all those topics at one time or another. 

• Members
12 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I don't know which Baptist preachers you've been listening to, but all those topics are extremely common to hear sermons on. I've taught Bible study lessons on all those topics at one time or another. 

We’re they Independent Baptist Churches or other Baptist, that preach on these topics. Thanks for sharing 

Edited by E Morales

• Members

The last time I PREACHED a series on the Ten Commandments was in August of 2006. The last time I taught a series on them was just last year. Fasting was late last year...Morales, do you preach or teach? When was the last time YOU taught on any of these? 

Edited by BrotherTony